All I Want For Valentine's Day is to Pass Out From Chocolate

All I Want for Valentine's Day Is To Pass Out From Chocolate

Contrary to the stereotypical belief, a home cooked meal, flowers, and chocolates suffice instead of a $100 dinner.

12
https://unsplash.com/photos/5g8exOobDjg

I've been to a couple Valentine's Day dinners. And what I've realized is that we end up spending more time waiting for a table than actually eating and talking. Everyone goes out for a fancy dinner on the same exact night. You're fighting tons of couples who want a table just as badly as you do. And, it's always crowded and loud.

Eating it might not be everyone's go-to when it comes to celebrating something. But, it saves the hassle of trying to find somewhere to eat that won't be completely packed. You won't have to try and talk over 50 people in the same room as you. And, you have more time to spend with each other while you cook instead of waiting around.

I'm not much of a jewelry person. If what I'm wearing costs more than $50 dollars I'm too nervous I'll lose it so I end up not wearing it altogether. I get my earrings from Claire's still, and, my friends usually make bracelets for me. A little goes a long way for me, so the big diamonds or studded necklaces aren't really an appeal. But the jeweler commercials almost make guys feel bad for not "going to Jared" or for not having "every kiss begin with K." I know a lot of girls who would prefer a Pura Vida bracelet over something riddled with diamonds.

Roses are always associated with Valentine's day. The cost for them usually goes up around the holiday which makes the other flowers be more reasonably priced. Daisies, Sunflowers, and Tulips can still send a loving message without spending a ridiculous amount for flowers. And, when you think about it, the flowers are cut and won't live more than a week or two. I've never been a fan of cut flowers, but I have asked for a small potted plant. It's like a gift that keeps giving.

What I want more than dinner and flowers is just chocolate. It doesn't need to be a fancy tray of truffles. Just milk chocolate and a lot of it along with a nicely written letter. Keeping it simple and enjoying the person I already have over the glamour of Valentine's Day.