All Falls Down: Confessions From An Ex-Fan Of Kanye West

Poem explaining Why I Fell Out of Love with Kanye West

205
Tumblr

I wrote this poem during a time where I found out that I no longer liked my favorite rapper anymore. Jasmine Mans poem Footnotes for Kanye was an antedentant for this poem, but the thing that sparked this poem was a conversation that I had with a friend about our favorite rappers, and I ended up going on a 30 min rant about Kanye West. I decided to use some of my points in my rant for this poem, and this is what came from it. I think that even though I am denouncing my fandom from Kanye West, I don't think that I am fully letting go of Kanye. I still love his music, and I'm still waiting for that next album. However, I needed to let go some emotions that I was feeling at the time. So here it is:

All Falls Down: Confession of An Ex-Fan

All of the lights have seem to Fade your skin my brotha. I'm

Bound 2 see this coon cut character of you that you have forgotten the roots of your labor.

Chi-town reppin the South Side All Day made a little n**** from North Philly feel like he can do something with his life. You

Dropped the College Dropout and Late Registration albums back to back like the world needed to hear the marriage of these two together. Both albums were the soundtracks of my Pop's 2005 Ford Explorer as I Heard'Em Say over and over and over again, that nothing's never promised tomorrow today.

Ever wondered how your life would have been if you stuck on the black path? Not just repping the South Side like you don't want to associate yourself with that ghetto place, but remembering everything the hood taught you as you walk to your childhood barbershop, and Homecoming is blasted through the radio. The

Flashing lights are fading your skin my brotha.

Graduation in my horizons as you were subliminally telling niggas to go to school, and graduate. You were telling niggas to believe in God as the name Jesus is playing in a song after Drop it Like it's Hot is played on the radio.

Hey Mama taught as to cherish our mom's, and 808 taught us how to deal with a Heartbreak. But when did it All Fall Down?

I'm puzzled. Was it when you downed a bottle of Henny that night, and embarrassed that poor girl on that stage at the awards? Was it when you slipped your big Ego in everyone and requite it for love? Or was it when Ms. Donda went to live with Jesus himself? Please

Justify your actions because I feel like we're living in your Picasso painted Beautiful, Dark, Twisted Fantasy where you're God and your disciples worship you at your 30 second rants, I mean concerts. You spit on the name of black women, the ones who raised you, supported you, the main ones who were at you shows for you. But you're a codified

Kardashian now. Weren't you the one who said “but you stay right girl and when you get on he'll leave your ass for a white girl?” These

Lights have blinded you so much that you have contradicted your whole life in one bar. No

Mercy for yourself or the community as you make people spend hundreds of dollars for footwear that you can buy for a fraction of that price. You have people looking like

New age Slaves as they walk the streets with rips and tears all over your clothing. The

Outreach of peace, love, and education for the black community is no longer your stance. Going from

Preaching for black people to stay woke, to silencing the black struggle as you go from telling us that George Bush don't like black people, to having dinners with post election Trump. You even making coon cut characters of yourself, and having dumb people wear your jackets with the Confederate flag parading on the arm.

Quit the bull**** Mr. West. It may feel like you want to

Runaway from your deep depression, but your mere existence is causing everyone to forget the things that made life positive. The things you instilled in us when we were younger.

Stop bleaching your hair and pasting blue contacts to your eyes

Try to Touch the Sky to reach for your mother's guidance just like I do. Just like God, you may not see her, but you can hear her loud and clearly.

U are not Jesus, U are not Yeezus, U are not Picasso, U are not MJ, U are not Dr. King. This is just a Ultralight Beam dream. U are Kanye West. Find your

Validity in yourself. Practice what you preach and

Wake Up Mr. West

X the negatives out your life. Remember where you came from.

Yield the Low Lights from your existence and

Zoom in on your Highlights before it All Falls Down.

-An Ex-Fan