Dream 7: Stuck In Guitar Hero With Alex Gaskarth

We have to get five stars in order to get out of the game.

55
Flickr

This dream I'm about to narrate to you is a special one. All of the dreams I have previously written about I've dreamt in the weeks leading up to my article. However, this dream I dreamt in 2015 - July 1, 2015 to be exact (Before you think I have some crazy memory, I remember the date because right after having this dream, I woke up and wrote about in my notes on my phone).

During this particular year, the music I was listening to was "pop-punk," and other genres that stem from that. My personal favorite band at the time? All Time Low. My celebrity crush? Alex Gaskarth.

The dream began at a carnival crossed with an arcade. Myself, my friends, and the members of All Time Low were running from people in animal costumes. If you're an ATL fan this may be ringing a bit of a bell. That's because my dream was basically inspired by the music video "Backseat Serenade."

Anyway, as we were running, the concern that Alex wasn't with us set in. We split up into groups in search for him. While I was searching, I passed the game Guitar Hero. I quickly realized that one of the avatars in the game had blue hair, which was unusual. I stopped in front of the game and tried to comprehend why this blue hair guy was all of the sudden there. That's when it hit me. Those ominous guys in animal costumes had transported Alex into the game.

I quickly picked up the guitar and selected Alex's avatar. As soon as I did this, his avatar came to life, but he was still stuck in the game. He began to explain to me that the only way that he could be released from the game was if a player using his avatar got five stars on the level extreme.

The catch was that the other player also had to go into the console and there was only one chance to get the five stars. If any less than five stars were scored in the game, the two players would be stuck as avatars in the game forever. It was the catch that made Alex set on the plan that none of his friends would come into the console. He didn't want anyone else to be stuck in the predicament he was in. This plan didn't sit very well with me. I had decided I would go into the console. I took out my wand, (apparently I was a wizard in this dream as well) and I cast a spell that allowed me to step into the game screen.

Once I was in the new world of a game console, Alex immediately made his anger clear. I calmed him down and told him we had limited time and had to pick out a song to play. We scrolled through the long list of songs available and ended up going with "Dammit" by Blink 182. We could see through the game screen to the real world.

All of our friends were watching with concerned looks on there faces. The countdown began as the animated crowd began to cheer. Alex, being an actual guitarist took the lead guitar while I took the role of the supportive guitarist. The pressure was on. I closed my eyes during most of the performance as to not see the score. The song was coming to an end. I hesitantly opened my eyes as the score came up on the screen. "PERFECT SCORE. YOU ROCK!"

We had done it. We cheered, hugged, and jumped up and down like little girls who just found out they were getting a pony for Christmas. A vortex appeared to transport us out of the game and back to the real world. The "girl who just got a pony" celebration continued as we were back with our friends. We all ran up to the stage that was at the carnival and proceeded to sing and play out little hearts out, this time without the fear of being a Guitar Hero avatar for the rest of our lives.

Two and a half years later and here I am still able to recall this much of this dream. It's in my head almost as a memory more than a dream. That's why I felt as though it would be a perfect dream to close out the Dream Mini-Series. This was my first time doing something like this for Odyssey and I thoroughly enjoyed it.