50 Pieces Of Advice To My Younger Sisters, From Your College Aged Sister

Our paths might change as life goes along but our bond as sisters will remain ever strong.

430
Original Photo

As I am growing older, so are you. I don't want to admit it but you are. I still remember when you guys were little and we were running around the backyard together. I love you with my whole heart. I will always be your older sister even if I am not the tallest anymore. Being alive 5 years before you, I know a little more about life, so here is some advice for you to have and cherish.

1. Always be nice, even if you don't necessarily like someone.
2. Don’t be afraid to say no.

3. Try your hardest in everything you do.

4. Have a goal, and focus on it.

5. Don't ever give up.

6. Smile through the tough times.

7. Look to God when you are lost.

8. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

9. If you love something that others don't like, don't be afraid to show others what you love.

10. Don't be ashamed to be a Christian.

11. High school relationships aren't forever.

12. Listen to mom and dad.

13. Participate in family gatherings, you won't have them as much when you're older.

14. Go grocery shopping with mom, even though you don't want to go.

15. Fill the car up with gas if you use mom or dads car.

16. Don't complain about little things.

17. Find something to be happy about every day.

18. Don't be on your phone all the time, you will miss out on the little things.

19. Don’t text and drive, life is short.

20. Have fun in high school but know that high school won’t be the best years of your life.

21. Eat that ice cream (in proportion).

22. Don't let anyone make you do something you do not want to do.

23. Have fun at prom, but don’t make bad decisions.

24. It is okay to have a Friday night hanging out at home with mom and dad.

25. Don't quit something you love.

26. Don't let someone tell you, you aren't good enough because you ARE good enough.

27. Don't act like you don’t love your family around your friends.

28. Be the best you, you can be.

29. Read your Bible.

30. Take pictures of life, you will look back at them someday and realize how many memories you made.

31. Don't be afraid to try something new.

32. Find someone who makes you happy and knows your favorite kind of ice cream.

33. Don't forget how to work hard.34. No matter what, don't forget to call back home once in a while.

35. Make us proud. Mom, dad, and I are always here, and we are your biggest support group.

36. Don't spend all your money on little things you won't enjoy later.

37. Be the best employee you can be.

38. Save your money for the future.

39. Don't forget, you will always be daddy's little girls, make him proud.

40. Do one thing at a time.

41. Prove people wrong with your dreams.

42. Follow your dreams even if they are a long shot.

43. Do something out of your comfort zone, you will be amazed at what you did looking back.

44. Have patience with difficult people.

45. Don't be afraid to tell someone how you feel.

46. Don't be afraid to make mistakes, you learn and grow from them.

47. Enjoy what is around you.

48. Make friends that will be there for you.

49. It is okay to not know what you want to do with your life.

50. It is okay to cry.