Adventure Happens Here

Adventure Happens Here

It's not just buying a flight or going on a cruise. It's making something out of the little moments.

56
https://unsplash.com/photos/8G_VvJrYKkE
Unsplash

Upon reading last summer's edition of "Bella Grace", I was inspired by the "73 Adventures- Big & Small- We Dream of Taking." In that section, readers sent in their input, and I felt moved by some of them.

"Adventure is not some exotic, wild, faraway excursion. It's a hundred little things my best friend (my husband, Jeremiah) and I do together! It's watching sunsets, making late night runs to the grocery store, and playing hide-and-seek in Target. Adventure becomes a lifestyle when you're with someone you love." -Whitney Napier
"Listening to a new friend tell her whole beautiful broken story over mugs of tea." -Instagram: @revsummerjoy
"I want to experience adventure every day by stepping outside of monotony: I want to break outside of my comfort zone and to try something new and exciting every day." -Casidhe Heschke
"The adventure I am looking forward to most is living in a new city with my best friend. I would have my notebook and my pen, he would have his paper and charcoal, and together we would write and draw our way through the city, leaving behind a trail of words and images that flow through us as we move along. The greatest part of that adventure would be to drink it all in, eat it all up, but also create beauty from it all, giving something back for all we have taken." - Instagram: @ecstasiesinnumerable

Reading those words only inspired me more to focus on trying new things every day, as it reminded me of how I view my own life. The little things excite me.

Some of us may not be able to travel across the world to adventure, so we must make do with what we have in front of us and that might mean trying a new brownie recipe, switching up our workout regimen, or attempting gardening or even kayaking.

I believe that when people become bored with their lives, and they feel they lack in adventure, they haven't explored new territories. When I say that, I mean they've grown too comfortable. They've forgotten what it means to truly live, so they start to think that the only way to get that excitement is to go on a cruise.

A new adventure could just be taking a TRIP outside of your mind. Expanding your horizons. Practicing a new belief! Anything new and strange can fit here.

But don't get me wrong, when I'm fortunate to take day trips or road trip excursions, they're also opportunities for exploring. All of these activities reveal adventure, but they don't necessarily require spending a whole check or ten.

All I'm trying to say here, and I think what the magazine was trying to prove, is that you can make something memorable and grand out of a little moment. Let us not forget the famous saying, "It's not about the destination, it's about the journey."