Most Addictive Summer Shows

Most Addictive Summer Shows

Tired of being home bored during the summer? With these summer shows you'll never be bored again!

505
Most Addictive Summer Shows
Switchfree

Summer is a time of adventure and activity, but what happens when you're bored stuck in bed on a lazy day? Personally, I enjoy a good TV series but find myself searching for one that I haven't already streamed on Netflix multiple times. Here are a few of my favorite must see summer TV shows!

My first favorite is called "Naked and Afraid". I know, it sounds a bit frisky and strange but surprising once you give this show a go you won't be able to turn it off. The basis of the show is that two survivalists are stranded naked in one of the most dangerous places in the world for twenty one days straight. Pretty crazy? Well that's not even the start of it. These survivalists start with a PSR (personal survival rate) and it either increases or decreases during their time stranded. Many are put in conditions so unbearable they have to tap out. The best part is that the pair of survivalists have to hunt, gather, and work together to make it out alive and can only bring one item for their survival. Did I mention there's a new series "Naked and Afraid XL" coming where 12 survivalists have to spend 40 days in Africa with some of the world's toughest predators? If you're looking for drama and suspense this is the show for you!

I guess there's an ongoing theme of being naked on TV. "Dating Naked" is a VH1 series where a male and female are looking for love on an island and are sent dates weekly to see who they want to keep longer, naked. It's surprisingly a good combination of dating with a quirk that you'll be in your birthday suit the whole time.

Another summer favorite is the MTV series "Scream". This show will literally make your heart beat out of your chest! "Scream" may sound familiar because it was an older horror movie series where one by one friends were killed off and a final girl was left. The MTV version is similar but there's a lot more to it. The first series was such a success that MTV launched another one where the original murder had a secret accomplice still on the loose seeking revenge. There's not many details I can share without giving too much away especially if you haven't seen the first series, which is on Netflix! I can say is that I am totally hooked with this twisted, graphic series.

A given must see is "The Bachelorette". Normally I'm not the biggest fan of the Bachelor but I must say that watching guys seek a girls attention instead of the other way around is pretty great. The bachelorette, Jojo, has a handful of handsome guys at her fingertip and totally isn't shy to pretty much make out with all of them. I won't give too much away but the reason this season is so great is because of bad Chad. Chad "the meat head" brings all the drama and crazy which is what reality TV lives for. I can't wait to see who gets the final rose (everyone already knows) and you should be pumped too.

If you like talent and dance I have the perfect show for you! "So You Think You Can Dance: Next Generation" is the perfect show to watch on family night or just a lazy day when nothing is on TV. This show is truly amazing. Young kids show their talent in dance while auditioning and eventually become mentored by an all star. I have no idea why but this show brings me to tears because of the surreal talent. If you're looking for a show that will make you dream of becoming a dancer or even doing more with your life this is it.

If travel is your thing a must see show is "Tour Group" on Bravo. The premise of the show is that a group of strangers from around the US meet up and travel all around the world. You get to see all the amazing places they go and learn a little more about different cultures with a bonus of drama and romance added to the trip.

Bravo is one of my favorite networks because it has some of the best shows ever. Some of these shows are just addictive including: "The Real Housewives", "Million Dollar Listing", "The People's Couch", "Below Deck", "Shahs of Sunset" and a personal favorite "Southern Charm". Be sure to check Bravo out, you won't regret it!

Sometimes I like to see delicious food on screen and pretend that I'm eating it in real life when I am really trying to eat healthy. Some shows that will make you literally drool yet keep your focus include: "Cupcake Wars" and "Donut Wars" on the Food channel. The best part of these shows is that there's not only sweets but a little competition, the perfect recipe!

Last but certainly not least one of my summer favorites is "Chrisley Knows Best". This is probably the funniest reality show ever. It's about a southern family and problems in their everyday life, in a condensed version. This family is so outrageous it makes "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" look like a scripted series. I am obsessed with the Chrisley's and would totally be adopted by them. You can find this amazeballs show on USA.

I hope you've found some good TV suggestions; stream away!