If You Want The Best Playlist, Add These Songs Immediately

A great playlist makes the longest drives bearable.

345
Unsplash

Spring Break is right around the corner and that means it's time to start thinking about Playlists. That's right, I said it. Whether you're driving home for the week or you're spending it with friends, having the ultimate playlist is an essential part of commuting.

These are just a few songs that are necessary for playlists that you want to sing along with.

10. Strawberry Wine - Deana Carter

I’ll admit that I’ve played this song on repeat while driving, in an attempt to master the last thirty seconds. In retrospect, I should’ve closed my sunroof but I have no regrets. “Strawberry Wine” is one of those guilty pleasures that never get old.

9. I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor

Alright, “I Will Survive” is the song that comes on the radio and causes you to stay in your car for an extra four minutes. It’s almost a requirement to dance a little when you’re trying to sing this tune.

8. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

“Bohemian Rhapsody” is one of those songs that is great when you’re traveling with friends so you can assign certain parts to your pals. And it's a good way to spot fake friends. If they can’t get down, then they need to get out of the vehicle.

7. Sugar, We’re Goin Down - Fall Out Boy

If you didn’t go through a goth phase in seventh grade, maybe this isn’t your jam. But, if you spent a little too much time trying to decide what Band T-Shirt to wear in the morning, this song is the crown jewel of any road trip. Not only do you know all the lyrics but you have to refrain from playing with your imaginary drum set on the interstate.

6. Livin’ On A Prayer - Bon Jovi

It’s a national law that if you don’t sing “whoa-oh” before Bon Jovi says, “Livin’ on a prayer,” you have to give back your driver’s license.

5. Bodak Yellow - Cardi B

This song can make even the nicest girl feel like an absolute Bad Bitch. Even though there’s no way I’ll ever be able to afford “red bottoms” with my student debt, I totally feel like a boss when this song comes on.

4. Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson

I’m sorry but if this song doesn’t give you "Princess Diaries" vibes, you obviously weren’t as hype about Disney music videos as much as I was as a kid. “Breakaway” is one of those songs where you’ve got to make sure no one hears you butcher it if you’re as tone deaf as me.

3. Baby - Justin Bieber

It’s the song we all hate to love. Even if you weren’t a huge JB fan, I bet you know all the words to this song. And if you don’t, I totally envy you because I really struggled to get this song out of my head for years.

2. Love Story - Taylor Swift

When Taylor Swift’s “Love Story” came out, I was in middle school. I didn’t know anything about love but somehow I found this song super relatable as if I was having some type of forbidden romance at 13.

1. My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion

This is one of those songs that I try to sing at the top of my lungs with my windows down during night drives. I feel so bad for the wildlife that’s probably heard me screech the chorus of this song going 60 MPH on the highway.