Actual Characteristics Of A New Jersey Girl.

Jersey. Not Joisey.

1842

Girls from New Jersey get a horrible rep. Whether they’re being referred to as Snooki or a guidette, we’re tired of hearing about it. We’re sick of the jokes about our accents and the way we talk. We’re also sick of people commenting on our tans or acquiring about our gas pumping skills. In reality, us Jersey girls are way more than that. Since New Jersey has so much to offer, why can’t the girls offer just as much? Here are the actual characteristics of a Jersey girl:

1. We’re Independent. Between maneuvering the Parkway and figuring out bus and train lines into New York City, us Jersey girls can figure out stuff on our own. We don’t need controlling boyfriends, bossy friends, or overbearing parents to show us the way. We got it completely covered. We can function on our own and aren’t afraid to be independent. Often, long car rides to see friends from college, coffee shop visits, and trips to the mall, can more often than not be done by ourselves without any complaints. Trust us, nine out of ten times we don't need your help. Unless, its at the gas pump of course.

2. We're Opinionated. Maybe it’s because we talk so fast, or maybe it’s because were so damn loud, but girls from New Jersey are definitely not afraid to speak their mind. Whether it’s a heated debate over politics, current events, or just simply what you should do for the evening, in most cases, the girl from New Jersey is, more often than not, going to let her opinion be heard loud and clear. And no matter what you try to prove to us, we'll always believe that we are right.

3. We're Down to do Anything. New Jersey has a ton to offer. From beaches like Wildwood and Long Beach Island, stadiums for concerts and sports games at PNC and the Prudential Center, and the bar scene and night life available in Hoboken, us Jersey girls are never bored. Our weekends are packed with beach visits during the day followed by a night out at the best bars New Jersey has to offer. Because New Jersey does have so much to do, we’re always down to try something new with whoevers game. We'll be the first ones up in the morning with a Taylor Ham, Egg, and Cheese in hand and the last ones to go to bed following a crazy night of drinking and 24-hour diner runs.

4. We Live a Fast-Paced Life. Because we’re so close to “hustle and bustle” cities like Philadelphia, New York City, and even Atlantic City, us Jersey girls live pretty fast paced lives. We drive fast, we walk fast, and we talk fast. There’s no doubt about it. We're constantly running from one activity to the next, eager to jam pack as much as we can into one day. If you can't keep up, than you're probably not from New Jersey.

5. We're Goal Orientated. Living in such close proximity to New York City does provide us with a lot of opportunities. Many of our parents, or even some of our friends, are lucky enough to work in the world consisting of Wall Street and the Upper East Side. Seeing how successful the ones around us are makes us want to achieve the same amount of success. We are always looking for greater opportunities and the next "big thing."

6. We Don't take Sh*t from Anyone. Plain and simple: Jersey girls don’t take sh*t from anyone. From the catcalls we receive on the boardwalk to the rude comments we receive regarding our “loud-mouth” habits, you picked the wrong girl, from the wrong state.

As you can see, girls from New Jersey are more than what you see shown on MTV. We're sophisticated, knowledgable, and have a pretty good head on our shoulders. Instead of stereotyping Jersey girls, people should find something better to do with their lives. Cause trust me, you don't ever want to mess with a girl from New Jersey. Remember, we don't take sh*t from anyone.