18 Songs From This Year's Academy Award-Winning Films

I hope this playlist inspires all you movie lovers!

40
Unsplash

If you have seen this year's nominated movies, this playlist will make sense and you'll probably cry. If you haven't, you might be confused but still, cry.

This playlist is dedicated to the 2018 Academy Awards, these are songs from moving scenes and scores. Not all Academy movies will be featured (i.e Darkest Hour.) Also featured are the nominees for Best Original Song.

This song is featured in such a turning point in Lady Bird.

2. Cry Me a River - Justin Timberlake

The perfect 2000s house party bop in Lady Bird.

3. Futile Devices (Doveman Remix) - Sufjan Stevens

Call Me By Your Name is the perfect album for a rainy day.

4. Visions of Gideon - Sufjan Stevens

The saddest song on this playlist. This is featured in the most emotional scene known to mankind.

5. Overflow of Love - Alexandre Desplat

This movie takes place in Baltimore, but has such a Paris inspired score.

6. Underwater Kiss - Alexandre Desplat

Similar to Overflow of Love, this movie is an odd but beautiful tale of falling in love.

7. Reconcile - Jon Brion

The realization of missing home is the only way I can describe this song. One of my personal favorites.

8. Phantom Thread I - Jonny Greenwood

This song is as dramatic as this movie.

9. Remember Me (Lullaby) - Gael Garcia Bernal

This movie reminds me of all the tears I cried when seeing this for the first time.

10. Variation 15 (Dunkirk) - Benjamin Wallfisch

This score is as moving as the scene. Realizing they would live to see another day.

11. The Tailor of Fitzrovia - Jonny Greenwood

One of my favorite movies from this year, this song showcases the emotion and beauty of the designer Reynolds Woodcock.

12. Redbone - Childish Gambino

GET OUT! Such a chill song for a not so chill movie. ROOTING FOR JORDAN PEELE SUNDAY NIGHT!

13. His Master's Voice - Monster of Folk

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, a mellow song for an intense film.

14. Mother and Daughter - John Williams

John Williams is an icon.

15. Stand Up for Something (feat. Common) - Andra Day ft. Common

A soaring ballad with 60s soul!

16. Mystery of Love- Sufjan Stevens

Like I said before....such an amazing soundtrack.

17. Mighty River - Mary J. Blige

GO OFF MARY!

18. This is Me - Keala Settle ft. The Greatest Showman Ensemble

Nominated for Best Original Song, the overall soundtrack is good!

Comment below if you want something added to the playlist!