I Absolutely Love Being Alone

I Absolutely Love Being Alone

And it's perfectly normal.

119
I Absolutely Love Being Alone
Michaela Adams

There is a difference in being alone and being lonely. Being alone means that you have no one there with you. Being lonely means that you are feeling sad or depressed due to the lack of company. Just because someone likes to be alone does not mean that they are lonely. Personally, I love being alone. There is no greater feeling in the world than sitting in my room listening to some good music with my fairy lights lit. Solitude. Peace. Happiness.

I never understood the hype of huge parties. A fun night to me is eating pizza and snacks while watching comedies in my comfy bed. Big crowds make me very uncomfortable, so being able to be by myself gives me so much satisfaction. You can accomplish so much being alone. All those readings or homework you needed to do? Done. Need to clean your room? Done. Want to sing karaoke to 2000s pop music around your apartment without being judged? Totally done.

There is nothing wrong with liking to be alone. A lot of people associate it with depression or other types of mental illnesses, but that's not the case sometimes. I am a happy person, and I love life, and I really love being alone. I still go out with friends occasionally and I have a great time, but nothing beats coming home from a night out. When I get a partner, I just hope they enjoy being home by themselves just as much as I do. A date night on the couch with a cute dog and my person would be perfect.

There is something really relaxing about being alone with your thoughts. I reflect on the past, and even though it sometimes makes me uneasy, it keeps me humble. It reminds me that everyone makes mistakes, and I can't forget about them or I will forget about what made me who I am. I can also come up with some very intense ideas when I am alone. I imagine different kinds of tattoos I want to get, articles I want to write, things that can help me prepare for the future and many more things. Creativity runs wildly through me and it seems to burst out at the seams when I am alone.

If there are people out there who make fun of you for liking to be alone, they obviously do not get the same pleasure out of it. It is perfectly sane to sit by yourself for a bit to unwind and relax. Plug your headphones in and let the creative juices flow. You may discover something about yourself that you wouldn't have in the first place. Being alone is such a great thing. It brings me so much joy and there are others like me.

"The best part about being alone is that you really don't have to answer to anybody. You do what you want." - Justin Timberlake