My Reaction To Myself
Life Stages

A Response to the letter i wrote myself in 8th grade

Why was I like this?

158

At the end of eighth grade, I was given a homework assignment to write a letter to my 12th-grade self. A year of college done and I've re-read this letter and am ready to share the oh-so-important things 8th grade me though 12th grade me should know.

Dear Jamie,

At this point, I'm in 8th grade. So much is going on right now as I prepare for my first two regents. But, I've grown more confident. I don't care what anyone else thinks. Looking back, I should not have been this confident and really should have cared a little bit because I was a mess.

Now, I have Jamie Couture. 193 subscribers. Stilababe09 subbed on 6/3/13. Oh yes, the infamous youtube channel I thought I was so good at. I hope to continue this. Update: I did not. Makeup is who I am, but yet I still hate haters. It's who I am though, so I don't care. Once again, I should have cared a little bit. I hope to go to IMATS LA, Vidcon, Beautycon (I did this one!), Digifest, and Playlist Live. I want to be a cosmetologist or pediatrician. I'm in makeup school and I'm pre-med so I guess I'm still doing that.

I want to go to Yale, Cornell, Princeton, or Harvard. Wow was I ambitious? I do not go to any of those schools. But if I can't, it's okay. I just want to be somewhere where I can be me. Shoutout to Binghamton. I look up to eleventh gorgeous, krazyrayray, and rclbeauty101. I've only met eleventh gorgeous, but I hope to meet more. I don't watch any of those people, nor did I meet more. It's been a hard year school wise but I know HS will be better. You (me?) can do anything I put my mind to. Wow, I can't believe that in only 4 years, I'll be a senior. #mindblown.

I also hope to not be #foreveralone. Keep dreaming, young Jamie. I want to have at least 50,000 subscribers. Nope. I hope Cindy and Chelsey are still your friends. They were youtube friends, I am not friends with them. And you better still have Sarah and Laura. Shoutout to Sarah and Laura, you made it! USY has been incredible the past six months. I hope to be chapter mem/kad, regional president, and divisional mem/kad. I did none of these things because I did not want to. Now I'm in Sarah's pen. She gave me the black because black is annoying.

What? But anyway, there's really not much to say. I'm actually on the bus. Bus 8 2013 with Alexa and Jacalyn. Wow, I guess they'll probably be on my bus again. I never took the bus in high school. But anyway, stay confident and proud of who you are. Don't let anyone bring you down. Also, don't do drugs, you will die. Is this a "Mean Girls" reference? #tb to my 5th-grade letter.

From,

Jamie

P.S. Acapella auditions are next week! Did I get in? Yes, Jamie, you got into an a cappella group. Shoutout to Noteworthy! Also, I like Insert name here, Joey Graceffa, and other people. I never watched Joey Graceffa but I guess that can be ignored.

So what have we learned? 8th grade me was way too ambitious and way too confident but I like to think we've come a long way. Hope you all enjoyed me making fun of myself!