A Letter To The Seniors In High School

A Letter To The Seniors In High School

Cherish the moments you have left

373
A Letter To The Seniors In High School
Charlotte Russell

Dear seniors in high school,

Wow, you made it. Senior year of high school. Doesn't feel like just yesterday you were a freshman? And now you only have a certain number of days until you are out of high school. Time flies by fast and you might be sitting there thinking about how bad you want to be summer and how bad you want the school year to be over and how bad you just want to move on with your life. I was once in your spot. All I wanted was for the school year to be over. I wanted to be out of that dumb high school so that I can move on with my life.

Little did I know, I was wishing away some of the best days of my life. While I was hoping for the school year to go by faster, I was missing out on the amazing memories that were passing by me. I wish someone would have told me to slow down and enjoy the moment.

To be honest, someone probably did and I probably didn't listen. So high school seniors, this is my advice to you. Enjoy the last few moments of your high school experience. Do not waste your time hoping for the future when you have an Amazing present in front of you.

While you were looking forward to the future, you're missing out on making some of the best memories of your life. While you may think that you will not miss high school, I guarantee there will be things that you will miss once it is gone. A lot of times we do not realize things we have until they are no longer in our presence. So I encourage you to do these things. Get to know someone in your class that you don't know very well. I don't care if there's only a month left of school, your best friend could be sitting in your class and you don't even know it. Just because there isn't a lot of time left in the school year doesn't mean you can't make friends.

Take the time to thank your teachers. Whether you like school or not, I guarantee that there have been at least one teacher has had an impact on you either academically or emotionally. Let them know because teachers are already underappreciated as it is. They deserve to know that they have made a change in someone's life.

My last advice to you high school seniors is to take a look around and soak it in. Well, you may not miss your school now, when you first go off to college you might miss it more than you can ever imagine and you'll regret taking those last days of your high school career as a grain of salt.

High school seniors, you may be reading this and you may be thinking that this is all cliché. You may be thinking that what I am saying is dumb. You may be right. All I know is that I regret the days that I wish the way in high school and I wish I could go back and tell myself to live in the moment between joy what I had in those moments that I didn't realize at the time period is never too late to enjoy your high school experience. Take the time to enjoy the last few months of high school.