A Letter To The New Me
Health Wellness

A Letter To The New Me

It's time for a change.

542
A Letter To The New Me
Photo by Andressa Voltolini

Dear New Me,

I want you to know that it is time to start living the way that you want and desire. Forget what people think, say, or do. In the end, all that matters is you.

We have come a long way these past few years; from heartbreaks to failures, we have gone through it all. There were times when you let yourself be taken advantage of, talked down to, or humiliated. I want you to know that those days are officially over.

Look how you have grown and transformed. Nobody could ever say that you went through hell and back for those you loved and cared for.

I want you to start looking after yourself even more now. I want you to live free, unapologetically happier, and without worries. I want you to continue to fight every day and to get sh•t done.

I also want you to put yourself first before anybody else on this Earth. No man is worth stressing over and you have to love yourself more than you ever love someone else.

Be sure to stick with those that are loyal to you and your time. Those who are happy when you are happy, those who cry with you during your worst moments. Please do yourself a favor and ditch anybody that comes your way who only comes by to disturb your peace of mind. Be with those who uplift you when you cannot do so yourself.

I want you to love with your whole heart and never be afraid to let the right one in.

Do not ever be afraid to stand up for yourself in times of injustice. And don't ever be afraid to raise your voice when you feel like you are listened to. (Of course, figuratively, never literally. That's how you lose the argument.)

Take time to nourish your soul, to talk to yourself nicely, to read new books, travel, go out for a walk. But most importantly, do what makes you and your soul happy.

I hope you continue to find yourself in the midst of this world and that you continue to better yourself. Please do yourself a favor and learn from your mistakes; with this, you'll grow wiser.

Sincerely,

The Old Me.