A letter to my best friend,

A letter to my best friend,

You are my number one supporter when it comes to everything and anything in my life; so it's only right that I finally write you something

1735
A letter to my best friend,

Numerous people I have met have touched my soul— whether they were friends, partners, or even acquaintances. But you, you are different.

I never had an easy time making friends, actually scratch that— I never had an easy time maintaining friendships. Maybe it was my fault, maybe it was other people's fault.. but regardless I never understood what it meant to have a best friend. That was until I met you.

You deserve the world, yet somehow I don't think you always see that. I know you don't always see that. But I want you to know, I often find my own self wondering what I did to deserve you. My life was truly blessed when you entered it.

Our friendship really grew when I texted you one day an absolute mess. I'm used to airing out my hurt to people and them running the other way, but you did not. You texted me that you'd be there in 10 minutes and you updated me every minute that went by how far away you were. You came by with flowers and held me while I cried.

It was then I learned that you were truly one of the most special people out there and that I was lucky to be able to have had you in that moment, and every moment following. I wouldn't be able to survive without having you in my life. You come in to people's lives, not even just mine with a purpose and you change them. You make every single person around you better, without even realizing it. You manage to somehow light up every room, and lift up every single person around you. People need you, I need you.

We joke about how you and I are exact opposites. That you bring the energy I need to let go and have fun, and I bring the one the energy to chill everything out. Without you bringing the energy you do, I think I would still be so afraid to feel. Because you hold me while they cry, and then your ready to beat down the person that made me cry ten minutes later. You'll make me laugh even when I am sad and you make me smile big even when I'm trying to be serious.

You believe in me even when I don't believe in my own self and you care for me before you even care for yourself. You have gotten to know me down to my very core; even though I am not easy to get to know. You love as if love isn't even an option for you, like it's just who you are. It makes you the most beautiful person I know.

But you're not only what everyone else around you needs including myself, you are all that you need; because you are so much stronger than you have even begun to realize. You are honest and caring. You are absolutely hilarious and outgoing and the life of the party. You're strong and compassionate. You're beautiful, and you're fucking powerful.

I know before we met, that you lost your best friend. I know that her loss destroyed you in ways that I will never be able to fix. I hurt for your loss, in a way I can't even explain. I wish I could fix that hurt for you, I wish I could fix all your hurt. But even though I can't, I promise you and I promise your best friend in heaven that I will ALWAYS be here for you, by your side, through thick and thin.

You are an amazing mother to an amazing little girl. You have hand crafted her into a strong willed lover just like you. She is a born leader just like her mother. You have given me another little one to love, just as much as I love my own son which I didn't know was even possible. She may not be mine but I love her like she is, she is not my niece by blood but by choice and I think that means even more then anything else. She is my chosen sisters baby and that means she owns a piece of my heart and always will. I am a firm believer in bonus moms. My son has you, and your daughter has me. I have never trusted anyone before you to love my son like their own, and I know you trust me to do the same.

I know you may not see yourself in the same way that I have written here my beautiful best friend, my chosen sister— but just know that I see all this and more every single day. It is why you deserve the world, because you've changed mine.

I cannot wait till we have our house one day, with our two kids running around where we encourage nothing but love and individuality and growth.. Just like we've encouraged eachother in our own lives.

Love,

Maddison