A Decade Of Killer Christmases

A Decade Of Killer Christmases

Christmas isn't the same without The Killers.

3985
A Decade Of Killer Christmases
www.clashmusic.com

Every year for the past ten years, The Killers have released a new and original Christmas song for which they donate all of the proceeds to the charity Project Red. They choose to support the Global Fund, which aims to help fight and treat HIV, AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Over the last decade, their generosity has helped raise more than $850,000 for these causes.

Each year the band releases a new Christmas themed song, they also release a music video to accompany it. This year The Killers released their newest single titled "Dirt Sledding". The song completes the unofficial Santa Trilogy which began with 2007's "Don't Shoot Me Santa" and 2012's "I Feel It in My Bones".

So in order to celebrate the band’s tremendous efforts for the last ten years, and of course the work put in by these wonderful charities for important global causes, let’s take a look at some past Christmases:

2006 - A Great Big Sled ft. Toni Halliday

2007 - Don't Shoot Me Santa

2008 - Joseph, Better You Than Me

2009 - ¡Happy Birthday Guadalupe!

2010 - Boots

2011 - The Cowboys' Christmas Ball

2012 - I Felt It in My Bones ft. Ryan Pardey

2013 - Christmas in L.A ft. Dawes

2014 - Joel, the Lump of Coal ft. Jimmy Kimmel

2015 - Dirt Sledding ft. Ryan Pardey, Richard Dreyfuss

Whether you enjoy listening to The Killers or not (you really should though), why not consider buying their new Christmas single this year. Not only will you be supporting a great cause, but you'll also be getting an amazing Christmas song to play during the holidays!