Trends From the 90s That Are Here to Stay

13 Trends From The 90s That Are Making A Comeback And Are Here To Stay

Being a kid from the '90s, these trends will make you feel like we are living in the '90s again and it is not a bad thing.

133
girl with high pony
https://unsplash.com/photos/dqISJB5GhLU

Undoubtedly, the '90s was a good decade for fashion trends and at the time was often overlooked. We are now in 2019 and we appreciate these trends more than ever and it looks like these trends aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

1. Mom/ High Waisted Jeans

Unsplash

As I look back at my jean choices, I don't know how I have lived without high waisted jeans or leggings. Not only are they more comfortable than regular waisted jeans, but they are definitely more appealing. At least to me, they are. Just think of the many variations they are made too, all possibilities are endless. I hope they never go out of style again, and if they do I'll still be wearing them non stop.

2. Overalls

I'm not gonna lie when I was a kid I rocked overalls like there was no tomorrow. My grandma was the type to make me tons of clothing by hand and overalls were no exception. I never thought they would come back, but they are.

3. Scrunchies

Hair ties have gotten boring over the years. Granted, they can damage your hair. Scrunchies are hair ties, but a lot cuter and better for the hair and reduces friction that can be caused by regular hair ties.

4. Crop Tops

Unsplash

What's the best kind of shirt to wear with the beloved mom or high waisted jeans? Crop tops. You can not only wear them with jeans, but with leggings and skirts. The tops can be both used as casual wear and you can dress it up in many ways.

5. Small Backpacks

Purses are a thing of the past. Small backpacks have a comeback and even big designers are jumping on the bandwagon, from Gucci, Michael Kors, and many more and it is an accessory you should definitely invest in!

6. Fanny Packs

Unsplash

As well as small backpacks, fanny packs have been the replacement for a purse or any other accessory bag. I have never seen so many people wear fanny packs until now. It used to be if you wore or used one you weren't cool. There are so many variations of fanny packs that you cannot go wrong and it can put an outfit together perfectly!

7. Platform Shoes

Lately, I have been seeing all kinds of platform shoes. It is like the just rose from the dead because I haven't seen them until these past few months. I could never pull them off, but I'm glad they are around.

8. Denim Skirts

Unsplash

I remember being a little girl and wearing denim skirts then getting made fun of for wearing them. Well, guess what? They're back and it is such a staple piece that can be paired with anything! Crop tops, sweaters, a casual top, just about anything!

9. Chokers

Unsplash

Remember those rubber chokers that had floral patterns? Yeah, me too. As a kid, I remember always seeing them around then they kind of phased out. It looks like they have come back and with cuter styles, I could have ever imagined.

10. Round Sunglasses

For the longest time, aviator sunglasses were all the hype. Well now, round sunglasses have taken the spotlight. You will definitely be noticed if you wear a pair and have I forgot to mention, they're super cute!

11. Athleisure

As a college girl, I am all about athleisure. I can wear it all day every day if I wanted to. I am curious as to how it stopped being a trend in the first place? It can be your go-to for a casual outing without looking too lazy!

12. Neon Colors

Neon colors being retro is a thing of the past. If you wear any kind of neon chances are eyes will be on you even if it is for a split second. It can be matched with such the simplest outfit pieces but make such a big statement!

13. Flannels

Unsplash

I remember being in middle school and always flaunting the flannels and have been ever since. It is easy to wear them on their own or layer it with a t-shirt underneath