1928 was not a great year for Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks...at first.
In a tale told like folklore, Walt Disney and his team of animators had spent the past year animating cartoons for Universal Studios featuring a lovable character of their creation: Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. But by the spring of 1928, Disney faced contract disputes with the studio, which forced him (and Ub Iwerks, his right-hand animator) to let go of their beloved character, swearing to never again animate a character that they didn't own. Through creativity driven by heartbreak, Mickey was born, and through of a number of failures faced by Disney and Iwerks that year, success finally came their way. On November 18, 1928, after they had failed in the summer of 1928 to gain a distributor for two animated shorts, Mickey Mouse FINALLY made his film debut in "Steamboat Willie", making him an overnight success.
That was almost NINETY years ago, and today we officially celebrate Mickey's birthday on the day of his big film debut—but it's also super important to recognize November 18 as Minnie's birthday too! She was with him from the very start, and totes deserve to share the birthday spotlight!
So if you're looking to celebrate the two most famous mice on earth at Walt Disney World, the company has announced how they plan to celebrate Mickey and Minnie's 90th birthday weekend! Not only will I be there that weekend, but I've also got you covered with a list of 90 "mouse-inspired" things for 90 years, from attractions to meet-and-greets to FOOD!
Many of the things on this list are great for guests of all ages, but some are better suited for the little Mouseketeers visiting Walt Disney World. Some of these things are free or included with park admission, while others may cost you a pretty penny. But every item on this list guarantees fun, I promise!
Here are 90 ways you can party like a Mouseketeer at Disney World on November 18:
1. Watch as Mickey puts an end to Donald's mayhem in "Mickey's Philharmagic" at the Magic Kingdom!
2. Watch the hilarious (and brilliantly conceived) Mickey Mouse short "Get a Horse!" alongside other animated shorts at the "Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival" in Epcot.
3. Hop on "Living with the Land" in Epcot for a tour of a greenhouse that grows Mickey-shaped pumpkins!
4. Watch your favorite Muppets imitate Mickey not once, but TWICE during "MuppetVision 3D" in Disney Hollywood Studios!
5. Take some time to slow down during your day at Disney's Hollywood Studios and explore Walt and Mickey's journey at the "Walt Disney Presents" exhibit.
2. Character Experiences!
Mickey and Minnie at the Adventurers Outpost in Disney's Animal Kingdom
6. Prepared to be amazed by the magnificent "Magician Mickey" at the Town Square Theater in Magic Kingdom!
7. Visit the wonderful poodle trainer "Minnie Magnifique" at Pete's Silly Sideshow in Magic Kingdom.
8. My favorite meet and greet location is the Epcot Character Spot, where you can meet Mickey, Minnie, AND Goofy! (Not bad, right?)
9. And, if you or someone in your party has the Disney Visa credit card, you get an exclusive character meet and greet at Epcot (typically with Minnie and Pluto) AND a free photo download from the experience!
10. Meet Sorcerer Mickey and a very glamorous "Hollywood Starlet" Minnie at Disney Hollywood Studios.
11. Meet Mickey and Minnie at the Adventurers Outpost in Animal Kingdom wearing matching safari outfits!
(This is also the only meet-and-greet in the parks where you can get a picture with both of them in the same photo!)
12. Meet Farmer Mickey, Chip n Dale, and Pluto at the Garden Grill in Epcot!
13. Feast with Safari Mickey and his pals at the Tusker House Restaurant in Disney's Animal Kingdom!
14. Sit back as Chef Mickey and Minnie (and all of their friends) serve up smiles at Chef Mickey's in Disney's Contemporary Resort!
15. Enjoy some seafood at Minnie's Beach Bash Breakfast (held in the Cape May Cafè at Disney's Beach Club Resort!)
16. Not only can you meet Mickey and Minnie at Mickey's Backyard BBQ (held at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort) in THE MOST adorable cowboy and cowgirl outfits you've ever seen, but you can also join them on the dance floor and party to country classics played by a live band!
17. Join Mickey for breakfast in paradise at 'Ohana in Disney's Polynesian Resort!
18. Say "good morning!" to Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy at the "Good Morning Breakfast" held at Ravello in the Four Seasons Resort Orlando.
Mickey & Minnie in the "Festival of Fantasy Parade" at Magic Kingdom
19. Arrive at Magic Kingdom before park opening to watch "Let the Magic Begin," in which Mickey officially opens the park by declaring "let the magic begin!"
20. Watch as Mickey & Minnie and company cross paths with your favorite Disney Princesses in "Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire," a stage show in front of Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom!
21. Head over to Main Street in Magic Kingdom on time to watch the Main Street Philharmonic Marching Band parade through the street as they play the "Mickey Mouse Club March"!
22. Sing along to "Happy Birthday" when the Dapper Dans lead a birthday serenade for Mickey on Main Street in Magic Kingdom.
23. Watch your little ones party like rock stars with Mickey the "Roadster Racer" at the "Disney Junior Dance Party!" in Disney Hollywood Studios!
24. Guest of all ages can also party like rock stars during a special birthday dance party in Mickey's honor at the Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland.
25. Watch as Mickey and Minnie "float" through the streets of Magic Kingdom in a hot air balloon during the "Festival of Fantasy Parade"!
26. And if you want in on all of Mickey's birthday festivities, be sure to be on time to watch the Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party Parade in Magic Kingdom, where your favorite Disney characters will lead a special performance of the parade to celebrate the "big cheese"!
27. Arrive a considerable amount before showtime to score good seats to watch the nighttime spectacular "Fantasmic!" at Disney Hollywood Studios, in which Mickey battles a number of well-known Disney villains!
Mickey-shaped rice krispie treat
28. On a hot day at Disney World, ice cream is always the best remedy—especially if it's Mickey-shaped! Head over to one of the many frozen treats stands resort-wide to get yourself a Mickey ice cream bar or ice cream sandwich.
29. Or try this fun "food hack" alternative to those traditional treats: get two large Mickey-shaped chocolate chip cookies at the Main Street Confectionary and a scoop of your favorite ice cream at the Main Street Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, then use the treats to assemble your own Mickey Mouse "ice cream chipwhich"!
30. Enjoy one of the MANY limited-time treats being offered resort-wide in honor of Mickey's birthday weekend! (UPDATED 11/13/18)
31. Hungry as you're on-the-move from one park attraction to another? Grab a Mickey pretzel to snack on while walking!
32. Before you snack on cotton candy while watching a show or parade, sculpt it into a Mickey-shape (to make it more fun to eat!)
33. Enjoy some popcorn in an adorable (and portable!) bucket shaped like a Mickey Mouse balloon! (Available resort-wide!)
34. Did you know that there are FOUR different Mickey-inspired ice cream sundaes to try at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor in Magic Kingdom? (Find a spoon and dig in!) Or for a smaller ice cream treat, the ice cream cones are also assembled with "Mickey ears"!
35. Or if you're looking for an ice cream treat better suited to celebrate Mickey's birthday, look no further than the "Unbirthday Shake", a brand-new offering at the Plaza Restaurant in Magic Kingdom that's perfectly adorned with two cupcakes to form "Mickey ears"!
36. Celebrating your own birthday on November 18? Celebrate your birthday AND Mickey & Minnie's by ordering a "Character Cake" at Amorette's Patisserie in Disney Springs! (And as an added bonus, Amorette's Patisserie also offers an experience in which guests 10 and older can play "pastry chef" and decorate a Mickey or Minnie cake themselves!)
37. Treat yourself to a Mickey-shaped brownie, available in different varieties across the resort:
• Mickey-shaped Brownie (topped with colorful Mickey-shaped sprinkles): Roaring Fork (Wilderness Lodge) and other locations resort-wide
• Mickey Ear Hat Brownie (also available in toffee, mint, and raspberry flavors): Main Street Confectionery (Magic Kingdom), Big Top Circus Souvenirs (Magic Kingdom), Candy Cauldron (Disney Springs), Goofy's Candy Company (Disney Springs), and Bay View Gifts (Contemporary Resort)
• Mickey Shaped S'mores Brownie (topped with chocolate ganache, mini marshmallows, and graham cracker dust): Contempo Cafe (Contemporary Resort)
• Minnie-Ear Blondies are also available at the Main Street Confectionery in Magic Kingdom!
38. Get a Millennial Pink Milkshake at Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies in Magic Kingdom, topped with a GIANT Mickey-shaped pink marshmallow!
39. Remember in "Sleeping Beauty" when Flora and Merryweather battled over whether Aurora's dress should be blue or pink? Prepare to have that internal dilemma when deciding which Minnie Mouse sparkling wine you'd like to sip on at Amorette's Patisserie!
Decide if you're #TeamMerryweather or #TeamFlora when between the Millennial Pink and Iridescent Blue sparkling wine beverages (each topped with a color-coordinated chocolate treat shaped like Minnie ears), then toast in honor of Mickey and Minnie!
40. Head on over to Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory at the Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter to try Princess Tiana's specialty dessert: beignets! (And they're Mickey-shaped!)
41. Opt for a healthier dessert choice and try a Mickey Fruit Tart! You can find different Mickey-centric variations on this treat at the Trolley Car Cafe in Disney Hollywood Studios, the BoardWalk Bakery at Disney's BoardWalk, the Gasparilla Island Grill at the Grand Floridian Resort, and Landscape of Flavors at the Art of Animation Resort.
42. Enjoy a slice of "Mickey Oreo Cheesecake" at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot!
43. Wake up with a splash of Mickey and Minnie in your coffee! But literally though—head over to Joffrey's in Disney Springs for cappuccinos with images of Mickey and Minnie imprinted into the foam! You can also enjoy cappuccinos with Mickey (cinnamon powder) silhouettes dusted onto the foam at the Grand Floridian Cafè in Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.
44. Indulge in some Mickey and Minnie-inspired chocolate treats:
• Mickey Ganache (Mickey-shaped tart shell filled with chocolate ganache and decorated with Mickey's face in icing): Landscape of Flavors (Art of Animation Resort) and the Boardwalk Bakery (Disney's BoardWalk)
• Chocolate peanut butter cups imprinted with Mickey's face: Main Street Confectionary (Magic Kingdom), Bay View Gifts (Contemporary Resort), and Candy Cauldron (Disney Springs)
• Mickey and Minnie ganache lollipops: The Ganachery (Disney Springs)
• Mickey S'mores: The Ganachery (Disney Springs)
• Millennial Pink-Berry Ganache Square (pink milk chocolate squares filled with strawberry-lemon ganache and stamped with a Mickey silhouette): The Ganachery (Disney Springs)
• And if you want to share the ULTIMATE Minnie Mouse chocolate treat with some friends, you have to try the Millennial Pink Piñata at The Ganachery in Disney Springs! This hollow dome of dark chocolate is topped with a white chocolate Minnie ears headband and filled with vanilla bean marshmallows and strawberry crispy pearls!
45. Don't just have breakfast—have Mickey-shaped breakfast!
• Mickey Waffles: widely available at all types of dining locations resort-wide
• Colossal Mickey Cinnamon Roll: Creature Comforts (Animal Kingdom), Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery (Animal Kingdom), and the Main Street Bakery (Magic Kingdom)
• Mickey Scones: (available in lemon-blueberry and birthday cake flavors): Main Street Confectionery, Candy Cauldron (Disney Springs), Goofy's Candy Company (Disney Springs), and the Market at Ale and Compass (Yacht Club Resort)
• Mickey-shaped Muffins: Boardwalk Bakery (Disney's BoardWalk) and other locations resort-wide
• Mickey pancakes are surprisingly scarce at Disney World, but don't you worry your pretty little mind—you can find them at the Fresh Mediterranean Market's breakfast buffet (Dolphin Resort), the Kona Cafe (Polynesian Resort), and the Grand Floridian Cafè (Grand Floridian Resort).
46. The Mickey and Minnie Cake Pops (found in various locations resort-wide) are not only super adorable, but these bite-sized desserts are definitely THE go-to treat to eat while waiting on line for an attraction—because you'll definitely finish it before you even get on the ride! Here's where you can get one:
• Mickey and Minnie Cake Pops: Main Street Bakery (Magic Kingdom), Big Top Circus Souvenirs (Magic Kingdom), Prairie Outpost & Supply (Magic Kingdom), Main Street Confectionary (Magic Kingdom), The Trolley Car Cafe (Disney Hollywood Studios), Creature Comforts (Disney's Animal Kingdom), Fountain View (Epcot), BoardWalk Bakery (Disney's BoardWalk), and Candy Cauldron (Disney Springs)
• Minnie Millennial Pink Pop (dipped in white chocolate and topped with pink crispy pearls and millennial pink Minnie ears): BoardWalk Bakery (Disney's BoardWalk)
47. Enjoy a cocktail with some Mickey flair—meaning that they're adorned with two garnishes to form Mickey ears! Two common examples include the Limoncello Mule at Via Napoli Ristorante in Epcot and the Mickey Margarita (available at various locations resort-wide!)
48. Treat yourself to a variety of different Mickey & Minnie cookies across the resort:
• Packaged shortbread cookies decorated with Mickey and Minnie's faces in icing: various confectionery and gift shop locations resort-wide.
• Mickey Mouse gingerbread cookies: Main Street Confectionery (Magic Kingdom) and other locations resort-wide.
• Mickey-shaped chocolate-dipped sugar cookies: Main Street Bakery (Magic Kingdom)
• Mickey Mouse "Red Shorts" cookie: Main Street Confectionery (Magic Kingdom), Big Top Treats (Magic Kingdom), and Goofy's Candy Company (Disney Springs)
• Large Mickey-shaped chocolate chip cookies: Main Street Confectionary (Magic Kingdom) and other locations resort-wide.
49. Munch on a Mickey or Minnie Rice Krispie Treat during some downtime at the parks or resorts!
• You can find these Mickey and Minnie Treats at the Main Street Confectionery in Magic Kingdom (as well as confectionery locations at the other parks and some of the Disney resort hotels) in its plainest form or dipped in chocolate and candy!
• At Fountain View in Epcot, you can find the Minnie "Iridescent Crisped Rice Treat", which is dipped in white chocolate and adorned with a blue bow! (You can also find a "Millennial Pink" version of this treat at the Main Street Confectionery in Magic Kingdom!)
• And if you're looking for one big enough to share with the #squad, you can get a Rice Krispies Cookie Cake (decorated to look like Mickey or Minnie!) at Goofy's Candy Company in Disney Springs!
50. Order one of these Mickey-shaped entree off of the kids' menu:
• Chicken pot pie with Mickey-shaped puff pastries: 50s Prime Time Café (Disney Hollywood Studios)
• Mickey-shaped meatloaf: Be our Guest Restaurant (Magic Kingdom)
• Mickey-shaped pasta: Pizzafari (Disney Animal Kingdom)
• Mickey-shaped macaroni and cheese: Chef Mickey's (Contemporary Resort)
51. Candy Apples are definitely a go-to sweet treat if you're also craving something that looks just like Mickey or Minnie to post on the 'gram! Head over to the Main Street Confectionery in Magic Kingdom (or other confectionery locations resort-wide) to find Mickey, Minnie, and Sorcerer Mickey in candy apple form (and on a stick!)
52. If you're always up-to-date on Disney news and trends, you'll know that cupcakes have become a new art form at Disney World. Here's some of the Mickey Cupcakes you can get resort-wide:
• Mickey Chocolate Cupcake with Cookies & Cream Frosting: Big Top Circus Souvenirs (Magic Kingdom), Main Street Confectionery (Magic Kingdom), Prairie Outpost & Supply (Magic Kingdom) Candy Cauldron (Disney Springs), and Bay View Gifts (Contemporary Resort)
• Oreo Mickey Cupcake: BoardWalk Bakery (Disney's Boardwalk), Goofy's Candy Company (Disney Springs), and Bay View Gifts (Contemporary Resort)
• Iridescent Unicorn Ears Cupcake (wildberry lemonade mousse filling, multicolored frosting, a white chocolate iridescent unicorn horn white chocolate ears, and crispy pearls): Boardwalk Bakery at Disney's Boardwalk
• Mickey Oreo Hazelnut Cupcake: Artist's Palette (Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa)
53. And these adorable Minnie Mouse cupcakes are not only luscious, but totally Instagrammable! Try one of the dozens of variations you can find throughout the resort:
• Red Velvet Minnie Mouse Cupcake: Main Street Confectionery (Magic Kingdom), Prairie Outpost and Supply (Magic Kingdom), Big Top Souvenirs (Magic Kingdom), Candy Cauldron (Disney Springs), and the BoardWalk Bakery (Disney's BoardWalk)
• Millennial Pink Cupcake (topped with vanilla pastry cream and edible Minnie ears): You can get this at Fountain View (EPCOT) with strawberry buttercream filling, at Contempo Cafè (Contemporary Resort) with strawberry jam filling, and at Capt. Cook's (Polynesian Resort) with guava cream filling!
• Minnie Millennial Pink Chocolate Cupcake (raspberry marshmallow filling and topped with raspberry buttercream): Landscape of Flavors (Disney's Art of Animation Resort), Everything POP (Pop Century Resort), Intermission Food Court (All-Star Music Resort), and the Riverside Mill Food Court (Port Orleans Resort – Riverside)
• Minnie Millennial Pink Raspberry Chocolate Cupcake (Devil's food cupcake filled with raspberry mousse and topped with millennial pink buttercream, fondant ears, and edible glitter!): The Mara (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
• Minnie Iridescent Cupcake (confetti cupcake with strawberry filling and vanilla buttercream icing, topped with crispy pearls and a chocolate Minnie Mouse hat): Contempo Café (Contemporary Resort)
• Minnie Rose Gold Hazelnut Cupcake (vanilla cupcake with hazelnut swirl, rose gold buttercream, fondant ears, edible glitter and chocolate pearls): Sunshine Seasons (Epcot)
• Minnie Rose Gold Red Velvet Swirl Cupcake (topped with a mini-vanilla cupcake, rose gold buttercream, chocolate crispy pearls, and chocolate rose gold Minnie ears): Main Street Bakery (Magic Kingdom)
• Minnie Rose Gold Vanilla Cupcake (strawberry filling, topped with vanilla buttercream, strawberry crispy pearls and rose gold dark chocolate shaped like a Minnie ears hat): Contempo Café (Contemporary Resort)
• Minnie Rose Gold Chocolate Cupcake (strawberry buttercream filling and topping, chocolate ears and chocolate crispy pearls): The Artist's Palette (Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa) and The Paddock Grill (Old Key West Resort)
• Minnie Rose Gold Yellow Cupcake (rose mousse, whipped cream frosting, rose gold Minnie ears, rose gold crispy pearls): BoardWalk Bakery (Disney's BoardWalk)
• Minnie Cotton Candy Iridescent Cupcake (cotton candy marshmallow filling and raspberry buttercream): End Zone Food Court (All-Star Sports Resort), World Premiere Food Court (All-Star Movies Resort), and Intermission Food Court (All-Star Music Resort), and Artist's Palette (Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa)
• Minnie Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake: World Premiere Food Court (All-Star Movies Resort)
5. "Instagrammable" Photo Spots!
Giant Mickey Touchtone Phone at Disney's Pop Century Resort
54. Before you begin your day at Magic Kingdom, take a picture with the Mickey Mouse flower bed outside of the park gates!
55. Then after you snap an obligatory photo with Cinderella Castle, take a moment to pose with the (also iconic) "Partners" statue of Walt and Mickey.
56. Equally as touching as the "Partners" statue, I would also recommend taking a picture with the "Sharing the Magic" statue, which features Roy O. Disney and Minnie Mouse sitting on a park bench together.
57. Ask a Disney PhotoPass photographer for one of the following mouse-inspired "magic shots" in each park: Mickey, Minnie, Mickey-Shaped Balloons, or a Mickey Ice Cream Bar.
58. Take a picture in front of the several #ShareYourEars walls across the four parks! (And post a picture to contribute to their fundraiser for Make-A-Wish!) (UPDATED 11/13/18!)
59. The Contemporary Resort has a number of art homages to the big Mouse across the hotel grounds—and they're all totally Instagrammable!
• The "Mickey Watch Band" (a.k.a. the entrance to the Fantasia Market gift shop)
• The Sorcerer Mickey shrub
• The Mickey Mouse flower bed
• A giant statue of the vintage "Mickey Touchtone Phone" at Disney's Pop Century Resort
• Giant cowboy boots with Mickey silhouettes at Disney's All-Star Music Resort
• Giant statue of Sorcerer Mickey's iconic hat at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
6. Souvenirs and Merchandise!
Mickey and Minnie plushes!
61. Be quick to get your hands on some of the commemorative merchandise for Mickey's 90th birthday...before it all sells out! (UPDATED 11/13/18 with a link to a list of offerings!)
62. Get a Mickey (or Minnie!) themed autograph book before you start visiting the big mouse and all of his friends!
63. Dress like Mickey or Minnie with comfy plush accessories, including their iconic gloves and shoes!
64. Sport a new pair of "ears"! Across dozens of retail locations throughout the resort property, you can browse through Mickey and Minnie ear hats and Minnie ear headbands to find a style you love! (And if you spring for a hat, you can have it embroidered with your name for a small fee!)
65. Or better yet, get a pair of "Made with Magic" ears that glow in sync with the nighttime shows across the four parks! As sunset begins, you can expect to see vendors selling these ears near the shows' locations in each park.
66. Start your pin collection with a commemorative pin for Mickey's 90th birthday, or other Mickey and Minnie pins! You can also buy a starter set with a lanyard, or try your luck with mystery pins!
67. Frolic through the parks with an iconic Mickey-shaped balloon (widely available throughout the parks!)
68. Sport a Mickey or Minnie-inspired MagicBand on your wrist when trekking through the parks! (Widely available resort-wide.)
69. Looking for a Mickey or Minnie souvenir on a budget? Get yourself one of these mouse-inspired goodies available resort-wide:
• Pressed pennies
70. Visit "Mickey's Pantry" in Disney Springs to purchase packaged Mickey-shaped snacks and foods to enjoy at home:
• Walker's Mickey Mouse shortbread cookies
• Chef Mickey's "Really Swell" Pasta (and "Mickeyroni and Cheese"!)
• "Chip n Dale's Snack Company" collection featuring Mickey-shaped snacks
• Mickey's "Chocolate Favorites" collection featuring Mickey-shaped chocolate goodies
• "Minnie's Sweets" collection featuring Mickey-shaped treats
• The "Disney Parks" collection of Mickey-shaped snacks and treats
71. Then head over to the Joffrey's Coffee & Tea Co. location in Disney Spring to purchase a bag of their specialty coffee blend created in honor of Mickey's birthday! But if coffee is not your thing, you can opt for a package of "Mickey's Cocoa" to enjoy at home instead!
72. Look (with your eyes!) at the Mickey and Minnie fine crystal treasures at the several Arribas Bros. locations resort-wide, or admire the stunning works of art exhibited at various "Art of Disney" locations resort-wide (many of which feature Mickey and Minnie!)
73. If you want to dress vintage or "dapper" with Disney flair, the Dress Shop at Cherry Tree Lane in the Marketplace Co-Op at Disney Springs has something for you! You can select from a variety of Mickey or Minnie printed dresses, ties, and other accessories!
74. Treat yourself to some Disney bling!
• Adorn yourself Mickey and Minnie jeweled silhouettes in the forms of earrings, necklaces, rings, and more!
• Buy your first Pandora bracelet with a Mickey or Minnie charm (or add one to your existing Pandora bangle!)
• Get a Mickey or Minnie bangle to add to your Alex & Ani collection!
75. If you're in the market for a new designer bag, why not go for a Mickey or Minnie bag? You can browse a selection of Mickey and Minnie-inspired accessories from brands such as Dooney and Burke, Danielle Nicole, and Loungefly! But if you LOVE Minnie, also make time to swing by the Kate Spade store in Disney Springs to see their Minnie Mouse collection!
76. Browse through a selection of "mouse"-inspired holiday decor at various holiday shops resort-wide!
77. Bring home a new Mickey or Minnie plush or toy for your little one to continue the magic at home during playtime! Or better yet, pick out a Mickey-themed board game for the whole family to play!
7. Fun Experiences!
78. Go on a hunt for Hidden Mickeys throughout the park! For maximum success in your pursuit, your best bet is to purchase an up-to-date copy of "The Hidden Mickeys of Walt Disney World" by Kevin and Susan Neary (which can be found at various retail locations resort-wide) or borrow a past edition of the guidebook from your local public library!
79. Dress as Mickey or Minnie for "Dapper Day", which is being held at various parks during the weekend of Mickey's birthday! (Coincidence much?)
80. Need a break? Soak in some AC at the Main Street Cinema in Magic Kingdom and watch "Steamboat Willie" (along with some of Mickey and Minnie's other iconic cartoon shorts!)
81. Don't feel like waiting on line for the monorail or the bus in the Florida heat? Summon a "Minnie Van" (via the Lyft app) from place to place across the resort!
82. Get a private (and unique!) viewing of the "Happily Ever After" fireworks in Magic Kingdom by booking one of these "dessert parties"—and did I mention that you'll also get to enjoy unlimited Mickey ice cream bars and other Mickey-inspired desserts?
83. Looking for a unique way to experience a day at Magic Kingdom? For $39/person, you and your clan can take the "Family Magic Tour", which not only involves a scavenger hunt to find Duffy the Disney bear dressed up as Mickey, but also an extra-special encounter with the Big Mouse himself!
84. Did you that Magic Kingdom offers a special "My First Haircut" experience at the Harmony Barber Shop on Main Street? You can book this $25 package prior to your visit, and to commemorate the occasion, your little Mouseketeer will receive a special infant-sized Mickey ears hat with "My 1st Haircut" embroidered into it! (Cute, right?!)
85. For a $25 fee, guests can register for the "Design Your Own Wire Mickey Ears" workshop at Disney's BoardWalk (offered on Wednesdays and Sundays!)
86. Book a "Character Couture" makeover to complete your Minnie or Mickey-inspired Disneybound look! You can book these hair and makeup sessions in advance, which are offered at several Disney resort salons.
87. With a "stroke" of magic, you might score a hole-in-one at "Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf" on a course inspired by the animated sequences in "Fantasia". (And you can expect to see your favorite magical mouse on hole 17!)
88. Did you know that several of the Disney resort hotels offer "animation classes" where you can learn to draw Disney characters? The Art of Animation offers "Animation Academy" classes in which they show you how to draw a Disney character step-by-step! But if you're someone who has a serious passion for art, drawing, or Disney animation, you can book an in-depth course at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa for a fee—and participants receive a free pin!
89. Ask a cast member for a "Happy Birthday" button, and write Mickey's name on it for a free commemorative souvenir! Cast Members also LOVE giving free Mickey stickers to kids, so have your little Mouseketeer wear one with pride to celebrate Mickey's birthday!
Not visiting Walt Disney World until 2019? No problem! You're not missing out—in fact, all of the Disney parks plan to continue celebrating their 90th into 2019 with "The World's Biggest Mouse Party"!
AND by the time their 91st birthday rolls around, there will be NINETY-ONE ways to celebrate when "Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway" officially opens at Disney Hollywood Studios. And this is a big deal—it's FIRST EVER ride featuring Mickey and Minnie!
How many of these things are you adding to your Disney World "must-do list"? Tweet me your thoughts @missjulia1207!