9 Ways You Can Be Environmentally Friendly

A great time to encourage others to make more environmentally friendly decisions.

137
Unsplash

Earth Day is coming up on April 22nd, so this is a great time to stress the importance of being environmentally friendly. There are so many easy and inexpensive changes you can make to help the environment:

1. Take your own coffee mug to the coffee shop.

Also, commit to only using reusable water bottles instead of plastic water bottles.

2. Try carpooling with friends!

This not only saves you money but also decreases the amount of carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide emitted from vehicles.

3. Walk or ride a bike to nearby places.

Not only are you being environmentally friendly but you are getting more exercise.

4. Instead of using plastic bags, bring reusable grocery bags to the store with you.

You can find reusable grocery bags for less than a dollar and this also makes bagging groceries a lot easier.

5. Buy products made from recycled materials.

This can also help you save money.

6. Buy locally grown products.

Support local farmers and decrease your ecological footprint.

7. Recycle and/or donate your stuff.

Not sure what you can recycle? Here is a link to find out what you can! http://www.wm.com/thinkgreen/what-can-i-recycle.js...

8. Use food scraps, yard trimmings, and other organic wastes to make a compost pile to add to your soil.

This provides so many nutrients to all the plants that are growing.

9. Turn off or unplug lights during the day.

This last tip is so easy once you have made it a habit. It will also save you money!

Once you have implemented these changes into your life, encourage others to do the same. We only have one Earth, so we've got to take care of it!