9 Underrated Holidays In November

9 Underrated Holidays In November

Take advantage of Plan Your Epitaph Day to decide what legacy you want on your headstone.

159
9 Underrated Holidays In November
Photo by Alexandr Podvalny on Unsplash

November is known, of course, for Thanksgiving - one of the best holidays of the year. Everyone looks forward to this late-fall celebration with food, family and friends. What if there were some other days in November worth celebrating? After looking through the calendar, I found some interesting "holidays" to look forward to each November. Here's what I found:

November 2nd: National Plan Your Epitaph Day

Planning your epitaph could be an interesting activity for the beginning of November. Might as well take advantage of this holiday and decide what legacy you want written on your gravestone.

November 6th: National Saxophone Day

One of the best instruments to celebrate - brass on the outside and woodwind on the inside. Take this day to listen to some jazz or maybe learn to play the instrument!

November 7th: International Tongue Twister Day

Whether you’re in unique New York or selling seashells by the seashore, show off your impressive command of diction today. Maybe check out some new tongue twisters and challenge your friends!

November 13th: World Kindness Day

This awesome holiday forces everyone to look at themselves and try to be better. It's a great day to do something kind for one another and do your part to make the world a better place!

November 15th: Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day

Searching through your refrigerator and finding some gross discoveries is always an adventure. Might as well spend the 15th looking for expired foods and old leftovers!

November 18th: Use Less Stuff Day

We always feel like we never have enough stuff, and the advertising industry plays a huge part in this. We most definitely use more stuff than we need. Take the day to figure out what you actually need and how you can reduce your usage of extra things!

November 22nd: National Start Your Own Country Day

The world is a big place, but why not make it even bigger? The holiday celebrates everyone who thinks they will someday create their own nation.

November 23rd: National Day of Listening

Listening is a super important skill that some people do not always utilize! This day was made to especially thank teachers and leaders who offer their time to talk to groups about important issues.

November 29th: National Square Dance Day

The United States has made square dancing a popular dance at some parties. This is a great day to learn some new dance moves and brush up on your square dancing skills!

Happy holidays!