9 Times The Notorious Single Girl Reconsiders Her Relationship Status

I've quickly learned that single girl life has its ups and downs.

73

Ahh the single life, so refreshing…and exhausting. There are no limits for the single girl, whether that be referring to the number of shots she takes or the number of tables she dances on. She’s untamable.

If you are a notorious single girl, you love your independence and most likely know you’re too good to be taken off the market by just anybody.

So, you enjoy your life and you live by your own rules. What’s better, right?

You march to the beat of your own drum and it most likely sounds a bit like Beyoncé’s Partition.

There are so many perks to single life, my girl Kenz never fails to remind me of them when I go into sappy Nicole mode.

However, even if you are the notorious single girl, there are a few times that you’ll sorta kinda wish you had a significant other (SO).

1. When you have a +1

Obviously you can always bring your best gal pal, but I mean really, eventually people will start to wonder. Is she a lesbian? Why is she always single? Maybe she’s crazy.

It’d be cool to have a fun date that you’re guaranteed to get naked with at the end of the night too.

2. When holiday season comes around.

Okay, so now it’s cuffing season and holiday season. Get ready for couples gifts swarming your newsfeed, holiday party invites (with +1’s again probably), and romantic nights by the fire alone.

Once the weather is taming itself, don’t get too excited because that means the beloved Valentine's Day is around the corner.

Vom.

3. When you lose your wallet…or just blow all of your money.

Okay, sorry I’m having a "Shallow Hal"-type of moment, but it’s true.

When you’re going through your broke girl stages in life it’s nice to have a guy to freshen up your house with flowers, take you out to a nice dinner, take you to a movie, surprise you with a weekend getaway, or even just take you to get some goddamn fro-yo when Aunt Flo is visiting.

You’d reciprocate when you’re done paying off your Victoria’s Secret bill anyway, which is basically for him too.

4. When you’ve had enough of your best friends.

Now technically, you can never have too much girl time.

However, if one of you is PMSing or you’re just bored of each other because you’ve had no other human contact for the past two weeks, you might just need a breather.

Best friends are like sisters, so you do get on each others nerves every once in a while, and whom do you vent to about that if you don’t have a SO?

5. When your best friend gets a boyfriend.

You think to yourself, “Okay my life is over.”

If your best friend gets a boyfriend, you’re going to ultimately become a threesome and not in a sexual way.

You’re going to be subjected to their honeymoon phase; you’ll walk in the house to them cuddling, having tickle fights, and getting dressed up to go on cute dates and be all, well, cute together.

You might want to vomit, but deep down you’ll envy them just a little.

6. When something bad happens.

We all have our own support systems, but when it seems like your world is crashing down and you just want to cry, having a SO would be helpful -- a shoulder to lean on, a body to cuddle, a person to vent to.

If you’re lucky, you’ll always have friends and family there for you but having a SO is completely different.

You might tell your friends all of the scandalous things you can’t tell your family, and you might tell your family all the emotional things you can’t tell your friends. When you have a SO that you trust, you tell them everything in between.

7. When you’re sick.

You’ll always want your mom when you’re sick, I don’t care what you say.

However, when you reach the age of independence and your mom lives miles away, it would be nice to have a guy just care enough about you to make sure you’re feeling okay and cater to your every need.

Netflix and chill is actually something good to plan with a guy when you’re sick and they’re your boyfriend.

8. When your ex is around.

The reason you’re single. The guy that changed your mindset, bored you to tears, broke your heart, or showed you exactly what you didn’t want in life. No matter what the reason for the breakup, what’s better than running into your ex with the new guy you’re in love with?

9. When you’re horny.

Whether you have too much respect for yourself to sleep around or just can’t seem to get yourself out on a Saturday to take your pick from the savage bachelors waiting at the bar for a single girl showdown. There will be times you just really wish you had someone to steadily screw you, rather than screw you over (sorry, mom).

What’s better than having someone every night to have sex with before bed, or every morning before breakfast? Experimenting never stops and it’s a great daily exercise if your schedule doesn’t permit gym time.

This is probably the only reason the notorious single guys ever wish they had a girlfriend.