9 Things You Love About Your Little Sister

Even if you want to kill her sometimes.

217

My sister's 14th birthday was on Sept. 14 (it's her golden year!). I decided to write about all of the things I love about her sassy, youthful, crazy, beautiful self. If you have a younger sister, or even if you are one yourself, you might find yourself nodding your head in agreement or laughing out loud to some of the things I'll mention below.

1. Her youth.

During these past few years, I have realized that every year, month, and day goes by faster and faster. My little sister has always been a reminder to laugh, be silly, and completely enjoy the limited days we have.

2. She can always make something funny.

From awkward family gatherings and weird dance moves to just making fun of each other, she can turn anything or any situation into something funny, ending with both of you in tears from laughing so hard.

3. Her copying is a form of love and flattery.

Yeah, it can be totally annoying that the new dress you just bought will also be in her closet when she goes out and buys it a few days later, but this is just her way of telling you that you're really cool. You know what they say, imitation is the highest form of flattery, and you can't be mad at her just because you have great taste.

4. She makes you proud.

Even though I was at boarding school and now college for some essential years as my sister was growing up, she has never failed to make me proud. Yes, I cried more than my mom on her first day of high school.

5. She's your partner in crime.

When teaming up on your other sibling(s) or against your parents, she will always have your back. Your smarts from being older and her playing the "cute card" is the ultimate duo for manipulating your parents.

6. Anything can be an adventure.

Her imagination makes nothing boring. Enough said.

7. Never-ending conversations.

Three hour FaceTime calls when you're apart and sleepovers at home are the norm. How else are you supposed to tell each other everything about everything?! She's your best friend and number one confidant.

8. It's impossible to stay mad at her.

No fight ever ever lasts more than a few minutes. One of you goes upstairs, sits on your bed for five minutes, realizes you're bored, and then asks the other to hang out. It's a continuous, loving cycle.

9. Reuniting is always exciting!

Whether you haven't seen her from a few days while visiting friends in the summer or for a whole semester at school, seeing her is always the best feeling in the world.