9 Signs You Know Your High School Friends Are Still Your BFFs

"You all have changed in your own ways, but your friendship is still as strong as ever."

88
Sabrina Krupko

College is a time for branching out and meeting new people, but that doesn't mean finding new best friends to replace your old ones. High school was a time of awkwardness, heartbreak, curfews (breaking them or keeping them) and unnecessary shenanigans. Your best friends were with your through thick and thin but you haven't let going to college stop you from still having that fire friendship. Here are some signs that are a tell-all that your high school BFFs are still your ride or dies.

1. Your group message is fire.

Between hilarious memes and hometown gossip, there's always something you guys are talking about...even though 90 percent of the time it might be pointless conversation.

2. You always have someone to vent to.

You know when you get that "Guys, can I vent?" text, it's going to be good.

3. Even if you can't talk every day, you pick up right where you left off.

Between your different lives and busy schedules, sometimes you go for weeks without talking or seeing each other, but that doesn't mean you are any less close.

4. You have an arsenal of embarrassing pictures to use for social media.

You only sort of regret sending those ugly selfies via snapchat and those pictures from the fifth grade dance.

5. Winter break is sacred.

Those three weeks of winter break are specifically dedicated for doing anything and everything with your best friends because you're all finally in the same place at the same time, even if all you're doing is having a movie night and stuffing your faces.

6. The more you look at old pictures, the more you're glad for puberty.

Thank goodness we discovered make up and hair styles other than the high ponytail amirite?

7. You have the best inside jokes and memories, even if you can't remember how they came about.

"Remember that one time we created the superhero that shot spaghetti out of his eyes?"

8. You keep track of all of your milestones.

From getting our first boyfriends, to graduating high school, to turning 21 and to eventually graduating college, we go through each of these milestones together and look back at everything we've accomplished by each other's sides.

9. You all have changed in your own ways, but your friendship is still as strong as ever.

Growing up is inevitable and things about us will change. We will evolve into new people, move to different places and start new lives with every step we take, but nothing can separate the bond between true best friends.