9 Binge-worthy Shows

9 Shows To Binge Watch When You Finally Finish 'The Office'

"It's perfectly fine to watch TV all day"

95

I love watching TV show; I love to watch shows while I procrastinate, while I study, while I cook and clean, and when I have nothing else to do. I'm pretty sure at least a quarter of my life has been watching TV (my bad).

But there are so many good shows out there that are really worth your time!

If you love TV as much as I do and you've finally finished watching all 9 seasons of "The Office", here are a few shows in no particular order I definitely recommend you see:

The Good Place 

This show is about 4 individuals who die and are brought to what they think is heaven, but is really hell. This show is pretty funny, and it stars Kristen Bell along with other great people including a Filipino character played by an actual Filipino! There are a few twists and turns but I personally think it works out. Also, season 2 is now on Netlfix!

Brooklyn 99 

"Brooklyn 99" is a sitcom that follows a team of detectives in Brooklyn who have to adjust to having a new captain. With Andy Samberg, Terry Crews, and a gang of other hilarious people this show is one of my personal favorites. Each episode opening is hilarious especially the one where the perp was singing Backstreet Boys so they have the whole lineup harmonize to find out who committed the crime. Trust me, you'll love this show.

Jane the Virgin 

If you grew up with soap operas always playing in the background, you'll appreciate how fresh "Jane the Virgin" feels. It brings in your favorite aspects of any cheesy soap opera like the narrator and flash backs, but it a satirical way. Gina Rodriguez plays the strong female lead who is saving herself for marriage when she becomes artificially inseminated. There's a lot of drama that happens but it is very well done. I promise you'll be hooked by the end of the first episode.

The Great British Bakeoff

Yes, there is an American version, but the British version is so much better! If you like watching cooking shows and competitions, this is the show for you! The show brings in like 12 home bakers to compete against each other. Unfortunately, there isn't a prize at the end but each episode they make exquisite and beautiful baked goods you may only see in a French bakery. Everything from the contestants to the kitchen aesthetics to the judges is perfect. You'll find yourself inspired and rooting for your faves.

Terrace House

This is a Japanese show where 6 strangers all move in together and a group of people watch and comment on their interactions. There are a few different seasons, but all of the houses are beautiful! There's also something about watching strangers interact making for a good show.

Fresh Off The Boat 

"Fresh Off the Boat" is another sitcom inspired by the life of chef and foodie Eddie Huang. It's the first American sitcom to starring an Asian-American family since 1994, and it is hilarious. As an Asian-American myself, I personally find some of the things that are talked about in the show to be relevant. For example, the episode when Evan goes to a friends house for dinner and the family uses the dish washer to actually wash the dishes. Yeah, we don't all do that. We pretty much use it to dry dishes after we wash them. The cast is also amazing, so I highly recommend watching it if you can!

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt 

This is one of those shows that you don't know what you're getting into at first. This show is about a girl who is recently released from being trapped in a bunker for years. She now has to navigate New York on her own. This show is another Netflix original and is super funny. You really just have to watch it for yourself.

New Girl 

Another hilarious show you probably have already heard of but is really great. Zooey Deschanel plays a teacher named Jess and after she finds her boyfriend cheating on her, she moves in with 3 guys she finds on Craigslist. I love how the show is written and how all of the characters interact. You'll definitely find yourself bingeing this show.

When Jeff Winger is forced to go back to college to get an actual degree, he forms a fake study group to impress a girl which quickly becomes a real study group. This includes Donald Glover (aka Childish Gambino) and a few other funny actors like Ken Jeong. It's another binge-worthy show you won't regret.

If you have any other show recommendations feel free to let me know! I'm always looking for new ones.