9 New Years Resolutions Everyone Should Have

Let's hope we can keep them.
19

Christmas has passed and we only have roughly a week until the new year; and as we reflect on all the things we did or accomplished this year, we are also thinking about what we want to do in the new year. New Year’s resolutions, whether big or small, are things almost everyone participates in. Unfortunately, we don’t keep all of our resolutions, but even keeping to one makes us feel some form of accomplishment. Here are some resolutions to make this year.

1. Save more money.

After bills and rent, send half of your spending money to your savings account. It’s a good trick to saving your cash.

2. Try something new.

Try foods you’ve never had before, try watching a show you wouldn’t normally watch, do something you wouldn’t normally do. You could try something small, big, or gradually work your way up.

3. Learn to do something new.

You could learn how to knit, learn to draw, or you could take classes to earn certifications in your work field. There are all sorts of possibilities.

4. Write more.

Writing is a good way to relieve stress and to let out your frustrations. So if you choose to do creative writings or just write about your day, make it a goal to write more.

5. Buy a car.

Be able to afford to by your own car and not one someone gave you.

6. Complete the 2018 reading challenge.

Who wouldn’t want to read that many books? This sounds more like a dream come true.

7. Don’t stay up as late.

Try to not to stay up until 3:00 - 4:00 a.m. anymore.

8. Get up earlier.

This should be easier if you don’t stay up as late.

9. Don’t procrastinate.

This is the ultimate goal for the year, and the resolution we probably won’t keep.