9 Little Things That Really Get On My Nerves

Sometimes it's the little things in life that really get to you.

89

As Thanksgiving break is finally upon us, I feel like I've been a college student long enough to state a few of my opinions. I absolutely love UMD and could not have chosen a better college to attend; however, much like any place you love, there are still a few things that might get on our nerves. Here are a few things that really tend to grind my gears for no particular reason.

Someone taking your seat in class

media.giphy.com

Look, I understand we're in college and assigned seats don't exist anymore, but don't be that person that sits in a different seat each class. We've all been in the same seats all semester so don't show up early to class one day and think you're going to take my seat, I will glare you down the whole class period.

When the toilet paper isn't changed

media.giphy.com

Sharing a communal bathroom really hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be; however, there are a few things that really get on my nerves and one of those is when the toilet paper roll isn't changed and the new roll is simply sitting on top of the old one. Ladies, if the toilet paper roll is empty take that one off of the holder and put a new one on, it's really not that difficult.

Using the sink and getting a big wet spot on your t-shirt

media.giphy.com

My biggest pet peeve I've adopted since college is this happening to me. I'll go to brush my teeth before going to bed and come out of the bathroom with a huge blob of water all over my t-shirt from the countertops being wet. Look I don't know how you people manage to get water all over the counter, but be a decent human being and dry it off when you're finished, please.

Bikers

media.giphy.com

ATTENTION ALL BIKERS: YOU DON'T OWN THE FREAKING CAMPUS. I will make room for you to pass me so please don't swerve around me going extremely fast and freak me out. Also please pay attention to where you're going I'd prefer to not get hit by you because you aren't paying attention to where you're going.

Random rain showers

media.giphy.com

Maryland's weather is much like Kentucky's weather so I don't know why this comes to a surprise to me, but I despise random rain showers. It's a real pain when you go to your class and it's sunny outside and then you come out and it's raining. It's even worse when you aren't prepared and forget your rain jacket or umbrella.

No tables left at ESJ or the library

media.giphy.com

I know there's 32,000 other students on campus but it's extremely frustrating when you work up the motivation to go to the library and find there's no tables or chairs available. It's almost worse when it happens at ESJ because most of the time I'm there in between classes, so when I end up having to sit on the floor next to the door of my classroom I am not a happy camper.

Student athletes on their mopeds

media.giphy.com

Okay, we get it you're a D1 athlete, cool. You still don't own the place, be considerate to others, please! We support you in all of your athletic endeavors so please support us in our walking endeavors.

Being harassed on your way to class 

media.giphy.com

This isn't as annoying as it was the first couple of weeks, but when you're walking to class and there's a club stationed on the mall you know you're about to be harassed. That's when you put your earphones in and walk on the completely opposite side of the sidewalk in hopes you won't get yelled at to join a club or have flyers thrown at you.

The lingering smell of the dining hall

media.giphy.com

My roommate and I talk about this on the daily. The dining hall is great and everything, but upon exiting the building the stench of greasy food follows you all the way back to your dorm. Even if you've showered before going to eat you're probably going to want to take another shower to get the smell out of your hair. We recommend spraying Febreze on your clothes as soon as you get back to the dorm as well.