9 Of My Favorite Beauty Products

9 Of My Favorite Beauty Products

Beauty isn't defined by the makeup you wear. It's defined by the features you choose to accentuate.

55
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-applying-makeup-1523528/

I don't always wear makeup--mostly because I tend to break out if I wear it every single day--but when I do, these are the products that I choose to use every time! I try not to spend too much time on my makeup (or ask my fiancé, and he'll say that's definitely NOT true), so these are some of the most time-friendly products... Except for the eyeliner, which we all know takes FOREVER to get perfect. Anyway, I basically swear by these items, but of course, I'm still perfecting my routine and figuring out what products work best on my skin type. Check them out!

1. Primer

I use Maybelline's Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser primer! It's cheap and works super well with my combination skin.

2. Concealer

I've been using NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer since I was probably 16, and it's still my favorite concealer I've ever used.

3. Foundation

Someone at Sephora recently recommended that I use the Lock-It Powder Foundation by Kat Von D. I love it because I am able to sweep it over my skin for light coverage or press it into my skin for full coverage! It's become my favorite powder foundation ever! But because my skin is very pale in the winter, and I get tan in the summer, I have to add a slightly darker colored powder over that in the spring, summer, and fall. I've been using Aveda's Inner Light Mineral Dual Foundation in whichever color I find that I need (typically either 3/Linen or 4/Honey)! It's not full coverage, which is why I can still use the Lock-It Powder underneath.

4. Eyeliner

After all these years, I still love my Revlon ColorStay Skinny Liquid Eyeliner. It's super cheap, and I feel like it gives me the darkest pigment for eyeliner than any others I've tried. And if I manage to smear it? I just wipe it off & start again!

5. Mascara

I've tried hundreds of different mascaras and haven't particularly enjoyed any of them except for one: Great Lash Washable Mascara by Maybelline. This stuff is my favorite thing ever. I don't care how cheap it is. I don't think I'll ever convince myself to use any other kind of mascara.

6. Eyeshadow

I'm super basic and the only kinds of eyeshadow I use are the Sephora brand and Urban Decay's Naked 3 Palette. Of those two, I really only use the light pink shades and tan shades!

7. Eyebrows

For my eyebrows, I begin by lining my brows with L'Oreal Paris' Brow Stylist Definer eyebrow pencil. Then I fill them with Tarte's Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse and brush through them with the comb to blend them.

8. Lipstick

I recently bought my first Anastasia Beverly Hills matte lipstick, and I had to buy a second in another color because I liked it so well! It sits so nicely on your lips without drying them too much, and the colors are gorgeous.

9. Lip balms

I just have to say that EOS lip balms are my favorite lip balms ever. They keep my lips from drying out, and I seriously always have one on me. If I'm not wearing lipstick, this is what I have on! My ideal flavors are sweet mint and strawberry sorbet!

Whether you're searching for some makeup inspiration, you like my makeup from having seen it, or you're just curious about what I wear, I hope you can choose one of my suggestions to try! I wouldn't recommend any of these products if I genuinely believed they were bad to use or weren't reliable.