9 Campers You Encounter At Camp

9 Campers You Encounter At Camp

They're all starting to become one.

12
9 Campers You Encounter At Camp
Kids Ark Center

So I've been working my "summer job" for about five years. The camp counselor life, let's just say it chose me. Like many others this summer I wake up at six and go to bed exhausted at nine after dealing with 20 kids for the day, and much more who aren't even mine. These kids year after year become repetitive. It seems like I've been encountering the same ones every year, but just with different names. They begin to fall into a category of different types of campers you see on the reg.

The Returner

This kid thinks that they are the "next-in-line" boss. They know where everything is, who everyone is, and all the camp drama. They've literally been there since they were in kindergarten and probably will be there for the rest of their lives as a counselor and/or administration.

The Crier

This kid is literally crying over everything. Fell in cut his knee? crying. Can't tie his shoes? crying. He is the most annoying kid ever. When you see his name on your list you cringe every single time.

The ADD

This kid is diagnosed with ADD but the parents won't tell you. He is bouncing off the walls every second of the day. No matter what you say or do he doesn't listen. In his peaceful moments (though rare) he is kind of nice, but every other moment of the day takes away from that. *Hint* He probably doesn't tip.

The Fashionista

This girl literally doesn't care that sneakers are mandatory for camp. She wears "closed toed shoes" just to make sure she gets through the door, but she's probably always in a dress. She will not play sports because her "stomach hurts" but then will be fine when it comes to crafts and/or drama. She is dramatic, but she's not the worst person you have to deal with all day. Her mother probably is.

The Boss's Kid

You know that this kid can do no wrong because your job is on the line. Every single time this person messes up you have to clean it up and sweep it under the rug as quickly as possible. Every time this kid gets hurt or sick your job is on the line.

The "I Don't Want To Be Here"

This kid does not want to be here, and will not stop until you don't either. They are miserable, they hate everything. Every time you ask them to do you a favor, the answer will be no. Don't even think about trying to make them eat because the food is too gross for them and they'd rather starve.

The Kid with The Allergies

Two EpiPens and Benadryl strapped on their waist every day. If they even touch a peanut they will die, and it will be on your watch. This kid will ask you every single day at lunch, "Is it okay if I eat this?" Then you will have to read the label entirely and make sure it mentions that this was not made in a peanut factory, and/or does not contains nuts or soy or whatever else they are allergic to.

The Camp Favorite

This kid draws crowds because he is probably adorable and well behaved and everyone wants to be his friend. He's probably seven but has four different girl counselors claiming that he's their boyfriend and though he loves the attention he's humble and happy every day.

The One's Visiting

These kids are here from a different country for the summer. They don't listen at all because they don't understand you, but their parents will never let you know that. They speak to each other only, make fun of Americans and their parents will be late every single day because they are too busy being tourists. This is my reality every single summer.

Every one of your kids can fall into one of these categories and don't even try to tell me I'm wrong.