9 Bible Verses For College Students

9 Bible Verses For College Students

These verses will definitely put you at ease.

8
9 Bible Verses For College Students
Riley Kaminer

College brings along many different challenges. When it all becomes too overwhelming, these verses can make quite the difference.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” -Jeremiah 29:11

When it seems like everything is going wrong, hold tight to the promise that God has designed a unique plan for you.

Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will reveal to us later. –Romans 8:18

Whenever you face a difficult time, remember that it is just a temporary frustration in the grand scheme of things. We cannot comprehend the amazing things that God has not yet shown us.

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. -Philippians 4:6

Stressing over things that are out of control doesn’t do us any good. We need to give our worries up to God and make time to talk to Him. Be thankful for all the wonderful things going for you, and ask God to work in your life.

Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God. -1 Peter 3:3-4

Spend less time worrying about your outward appearance and what other people think about you, and focus instead on your inner beauty. Treat others with kindness and let your love for God show through your personality. Let your light shine through to others.

Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near. -Hebrews 10:24-25

Instead of tearing each other down and serving ourselves, we should encourage one another to be the best versions of ourselves. At such a stressful but incredible time in our lives, we need to provide support to each other. Wouldn’t the world be a little brighter if we all focused on what we can do to make it better?

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. -Romans 12:2

In a world that is constantly trying to change you, don’t conform just to fit in. Allow God to change your heart and mind, and take a stand for what you believe in.

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow- not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below- indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. –Romans 8:38-39

Even if you feel like you’ve fallen short of His expectations, or if you are no longer worthy of His love, you are mistaken. God’s love for us is unconditional. His love is the one constant in our ever-changing lives. We can count on Him, no matter the place in our lives.

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. -2 Corinthians 1: 3-4

God empowers us to be there for one another. Because we have experienced His compassion, comfort and peace, we can provide similar encouragement to others.

Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong. -2 Corinthians 12: 9-10

Life is really hard sometimes, and it is easy to forget that, with God, anything is possible. We shouldn’t put our trust in ourselves alone. He holds the strength we need to conquer our biggest fears and accomplish our most ambitious goals. By His grace and power, we can handle anything that comes our way.