8 Ways to Mildly Annoy a Sorority Girl

8 Ways to Mildly Annoy a Sorority Girl

Because "The House Bunny" is not legit.

38
8 Ways to Mildly Annoy a Sorority Girl

Whenever I tell people that I have joined a sorority, I receive one of two reactions. The first reaction is usually somewhere between an approving smile and nod, and a list of reasons as to why this will be one of the best decisions of my life. That reaction, of course, is from someone who knows and understands Greek life. The second reaction is typically from anyone who has watched "The House Bunny" and did not go on to look into any realities behind Greek life.

Here are eight reactions that myself, as well as every other sorority girl, are annoyed and tired of responding to:

1. "Tell me one of your sorority's secrets."

No.

2. "You're too smart to be in a sorority!"

Actually, sororities require their members to maintain a certain GPA. If anything, going Greek has made me an even better student.

3. "Is it true that they make you drink?"

Absolutely not.

4. "Are you not allowed to hang out with any of your other friends?"

I can be friends with anyone I want. In fact, i can be friends with someone in an entirely different sorority! **gasp**

5. "What if you don't like one of your sisters?"

I wouldn't know. I love all of my sisters.

6. "Oh is that because you have to?"

What?! No! Who the heck would dictate that?

7. "You probably wouldn't like my friend; she's in a different sorority."

That's not a thing. Greek unity, dude. Greek unity!

8. "Did you join a sorority so that you could party?"

No. Believe it or not, girls join sororities to get involved at college and raise money for charities as well as to find lifelong friends who share the same values as their own.

So if you are someone who has ever asked any one of these questions: stop. Secondly, know that there is a completely appropriate way to learn more information about Greek life. I understand that the mystery and stigma behind sorority life can be fascinating and at times, intriguing but I would much prefer to answer realistic questions about my sorority.

Helpful tip: ask about our philanthropy and all of the amazing leadership opportunities and ways we have gotten involved through our Greek organizations if you are interested in knowing more.