8 TV Shows To Binge Watch During The Summer

The best way to spend your free time during the summer.

159
Pixabay on Pexels

1. Revenge

This is probably one of my favorite TV shows. Ever. Revenge is about a girl who lost her father at a young age, and wants to get back at those who treated her father wrongly. The show is set in the Hamptons and it's perfect for when you want to vicariously live that rich lifestyle.

2. How To Get Away With Murder

HTGAWM is about a group of law students that are hand-picked by their professor to help her with her own cases. Little do they know though, that they'll be dragged into her mess of a life and be forced to take on cases about, well you guessed it, murder. Seasons 1 and 2 were really great, in my opinion, but season 3 was a little slow. Nevertheless, it's a really good watch!

3. Jane The Virgin

I LOVE Jane the Virgin. This show is so over-the-top at times and absolutely hilarious and heartwarming at the same time. Jane the Virgin is a telenovela, a type of Spanish TV show that has a crazy, dramatic plot and exaggerated moments. JTV is very easy and enjoyable to watch.

4. The Office

A classic. You have to watch this show if you haven't already. Set in a Pennsylvanian town, The Office documents the lives of those who work at a small paper company. The outrageous pranks and heart warming moments make The Office a really easy and fun watch.

5. How I Met Your Mother

HIMYM is a heart-warming sitcom and nearly everyone I've met who has seen the show has loved it. The seemingly never-ending search for the mother keeps viewers hooked with many laughs along the way.

6. New Girl

This is the most recent show that I have personally gotten into, and I love it. New Girl has a very Friends-like vibe and it captures the struggles that many 20-30 year olds go through while making its viewers laugh. Plus Jess is adorable. You just want to be her best friend.

7. Bates Motel

This is definitely one of the darker shows on the list. Bates Motel is a spin-off of Psycho and it explores the hardships that Norman Bates faced as a teenager. Bates Motel is very mysterious and it's hard to watch only one episode at once.

8. Stranger Things

No list is complete without Stranger Things. There are some "scary" parts, but these are offset by the "cuteness" of the main characters because of how young they are. I watched all of season 2 in only 3 sittings, and many watched the entire show in one sitting.