Thoughts going into Sephora

8 Thoughts That A non-Makeup Guru Has When Going To Any Makeup Store

Going in, for one thing, could turn into a nightmare.

71

As a girl who only wears mascara and the occasional poorly applied eye shadow, makeup stores have never been my thing. And every time I go in one I am stressed and anxious. How can there be so many of one thing? I don't understand.

Here are 8 thoughts many non-makeup gurus may have while going into makeup stores.

1. I am going in for one thing it can't be that hard.

Little do you know, that one thing can be found in seven different aisles, eight different shades, and a million brands.

2. Do not panic, do not panic.

Walking into the store there are rows upon rows of things you didn't even know existed and you start to panic a little bit.

3. Don't make eye contact, don't make eye contact.

There are workers everywhere and you'd rather save yourself the embarrassment of revealing you are a girl who doesn't know the difference between mascara and foundation.

4. Maybe she will be nice and just help me get what I need and let me leave.

Yeah, or so you thought. No she will actually try to teach you how to put on a full face of makeup in five minutes, and attempt to get you to buy the entire store while you're at it.

5. I don't understand a word you are saying.

The whole time she is talking and asking questions you have a frightened look permanently etched onto your face. Nothing that comes out of her mouth makes any sense to you.

6. Help.

You frantically look around for anyone that could help get you out of this situation. You just want another tube of mascara which is the only makeup you even know how to use.

7. She paused. Now is my chance.

There is a pause in her speech and you take your chance to thank her and speed walk to the checkout line.

8. Nope. Never again.

As you exit the store you are able to finally breathe again and you swear to yourself that you will never ever step foot in that store again.