8 Thoughts Every College Student Has During Syllabus Week

Is it December yet?

44

Oh, syllabus week... The first week back on campus after working and relaxing for the summer.

You get to move into your dorm, catch up with friends, and explore campus again like you are a giddy and excited freshman again.

But once classes begin, the hype starts to die down, and the reality of syllabus week starts to set in...

1. *Alarm goes off* Just. Five. More. Minutes.

2. "Maybe class was cancelled!" your unrealistic, hopeful self thinks when your alarm goes off. "Good one!" says your mind as you ferociously refresh your student email.

3. Another day, another dollar wasted on an overpriced textbook.

4. OK, so we just reviewed the syllabus. What more could they possibly want from us?!

5. Please let us out early, please let us out early, please let us out early!

6. I'm just going to drop this class… and this one… and why not just the rest of them!

7. Is it December yet?!

8. I need to sleep.

* * * * *

Hey you, yeah, you, sleepyhead! Despite the chaos found during the first days of being back at college, your routine will soon be established. And trust me, when that happens, it will feel as though you've never left. Let the semester play out, do your best to go with the flow, and keep your head high. You've got this.