8 Things To Do When You're Feeling Blue

8 Things To Do When You're Feeling Blue

The next time you're searching for a pick-me-up, turn to this list.

71
8 Things To Do When You're Feeling Blue
Tyler McRobert

If you're having "one of those days" and need some motivation to get out of bed and put on a smile, you need this list. Turn that frown upside down!

1. Go to the gym.

Working up a sweat is my favorite way to channel my emotions nowadays. I prefer running and mixing in some strength and conditioning to let my emotions out in a physical manner. There’s no better feeling than leaving the gym feeling exhausted yet oh-so-rejuvenated.

2. Eat your favorite meal.

Food is the answer! Whether it’s your favorite restaurant dish or an old cookbook recipe, eating feel-good food (or junk food) will turn your frown upside-down.

3. Take a nap.

Being sad is hard. And so is thinking about those emotions. You deserve a nap.

4. Talk to people you love.

Touch base with the people who you know can make you smile and laugh.

5. Watch a funny TV show or movie.

When you’re sad and could really use a laugh, turn to a comedy flick or a funny TV show. If you need help with some suggestions, check this out.

6. Buy yourself something.

Have you had your eye on those shoes for a while? How about that jewelry that you never splurged on? If you were waiting for an excuse to indulge, being sad is one.

7. Take a shower.

There are few things in life that beat the therapeutic aura that is your shower. Or you could play your favorite music and have an imaginary world tour... the choice is yours.

8. Visit an animal shelter.

Okay, warning on this one: It might make you more sad to leave the animals behind, but think about how much those cats and dogs appreciate someone coming to visit them! If your shelter allows it, take the animals outdoors or to a designated play area!