8 Songs To Bring On A Desert Island

8 Songs To Bring On A Desert Island

Songs to listen to for the rest of your life

2175
8 Songs To Bring On A Desert Island
Ireland's Own

If I were ever stranded on a desert island and I was able to have access to 8 songs to listen to for the rest of my life I would have to be very careful in choosing my list. I would want to make sure that I had a variety of songs so that I would not just be listening to one genre.

I would include songs that remind me of special people in my life so that I could be reminded of them daily. I would make sure that the list was a majority of upbeat songs so that I could keep my spirits up in such a lonely place.

These would be the 8 songs and why:

1. “Schemin’ Up” – Drake

I know every single word to this song and I can never resist singing along when I hear it come on. I think it would be crucial to have this song because when I am signing it I am immediately happy.It would keep me busy and entertained.

It would also remind me of my friends at home because we love to rap it together when we drive around town, and I think the connotation that I have associated with it would be vital while I am alone.

This song is one that I have known for a long time and have never gotten sick of, and if I only have ten songs to listen to I believe that having songs that don’t get old would be necessary.

2. “Music is All We Got”- Chance the Rapper

I would put this song on the playlist mainly because of the title. I would be on a desert island with nothing except the ability to listen to ten songs and I believe that this song would help me embrace that fact.

3. “Raised by a Good Time” – Steven Lee

Most of the songs that I have chosen for my playlist are a similar genre, so I wanted to add this country song so that I did not get sick of the same types of songs. I love country music and I think that on an island it would help fit the mood to listen to songs about the sun. This is one of my favorite songs and I think it would be important to include on the playlist to help lift my spirits.

4. “Boston” – Kenny Chesney

I would definitely add this song to my playlist because it is about a girl from Boston on a tropical island. Although I would be alone, it would always be a reminder of home. I would want to stay in touch with my Boston roots and hearing this song would be able to keep me connected to home.

5. “American Pie” –Don Mclean

It would be ironic to have this song on my playlist because the only thing that wouldn’t be “dead” on this island would be music. I think this would be a fun song to have because I have always loved it and it would be a good song to remind me of the importance of music and that I am lucky that I at least have that.

6. “Fly Me to the Moon” – Frank Sinatra

Frank Sinatra reminds me of my parents and grandparents because they all love his music. I think it would be important for me to have songs that remind me of my family back home so that I could feel like I was with them sometimes. Also, I would literally probably want to be flown away from the island, so the lyrics would be relatable.

7. “Sweet Caroline” – Neil Diamond

This song has always had a strong prominence in my life with an extremely positive connotation. Ever since the Boston Red Sox won the World Series in 2004 I have remembered this song and the effect it has on Bostonians to bring them together.

I would want to have this song with me if I were alone on a desert island because it would never fail to put me in a good mood. No matter where I am in the world when I hear the lyrics of that song I am immediately compelled to join in singing and to feel sentimental towards my home.

8. “Unfaithful” – Rihanna

This song contradicts the theme that I have established for my playlist, but I think having one song that does that is necessary for such a small set of songs. I have tried to incorporate all songs that would lift my mood and keep me upbeat so that I don’t get sad alone.

This song has a much more mellow vibe and the tune is somewhat haunting and slow, but I believe that sometimes I would just have to embrace that. Not every moment alone on a desert island would be happy, and I would have to accept my loneliness, so one sad song is important.