8 Signs You And Your Mom Are IRL Manifestations Of Lorelai And Rory Gilmore
popular

Every girl needs a mom.

1097
The CW

If you've ever seen "Gilmore Girls" like me, you compare the relationship Lorelai and Rory have to your own mother-daughter relationship. That bond you have with your mother can be very special. If you don't have that relationship with your mother, or if you have it with your dad, then you're missing out. Because I consider my mom to be one of my very best friends — someone I can trust with anything.

And in response to articles saying that your mom shouldn't be your best friend because she's your mother, I want to clear things up: my mother is my mother first, but my best friend second. My mother still disapproves when my bank account gets overdrawn or tells me to go clean my room. She still is my mother, will always be my mother, and will always be that authority figure. However, my mom is still my best friend no matter what all those articles say.

We're best friends, just like Lorelai and Rory Gilmore. And here's why.

1. You go to everything together, even if it's before 11 a.m.

2. When she's on a diet, you're on a diet.

3. You both laugh at the same, weird things.

4. You call her to hear how her day went, every day.

5. You two drive-thru Taco Bell and have to "hide the evidence" before you get home so your family doesn't see.

6. When you both have juicy drama to share...

7. Visiting your college like...

8. Reminding her that you love her after you hang up the phone because she's your best friend...

See? A mother-daughter relationship is one of the most important relationships a girl can have. Sure, her dad (and brothers) protect her but every girl needs her mom.