8 Things To Do Before You Graduate High School, Without Fail

You're going to regret it, if not.

334
Amy Moody

Your senior year of high school is the last time you're going to set foot in the place you've spent the last four years and the last time you're going to see many of your friends.

In order to make your senior year of high school one of the fullest, make sure you remember to do at least these ten things before you leave.

1. Go to every and any senior event.

This is your last year and things like the senior breakfast and the senior picnic are some of the experiences that you will remember for the rest of your life. These moments are meant to bring your class together in a different environment. These people have been with you through your ups and downs. Don't skip out on these moments.

2. Watch a sports game.

You may not have a football team or the greatest swim team, but showing school spirit may make you wonder why you haven't done this the whole time. You may discover you actually like the sport you're attending. Grab a few friends and make some memories.

3. Go to prom.

Your senior prom is one of the most important events in probably your entire life. While you may not want to now because of the money or because you don't have a date, just remember all of the good times you will be missing on that night to remember. This is one thing that many people often admit to regretting in the future.

4. Fundraise.

One of the things that goes hand-in-hand with prom is fundraising. You need the funds in order to make your prom as beautiful as possible. While in theory, some people can do a lot with little to no money for their prom, it's easier to have too much money that can be put toward other events than not enough money.

5. Buy a yearbook.

Yearbooks may be expensive, but this is something that you will keep your memories in forever. The yearbook committee puts a lot of work into the yearbook to make it special for not only that school year, but also your class.

6. Apply for as many scholarships as possible.

While this may not directly connected to your senior year, it will help you A LOT in your future endeavors with college. There are scholarships for literally everything and anything. From your hair color to knowing obscure fake languages from television shows. And the smaller the scholarships, the better. No one really applies for those.

7. Don't let senioritis get the best of you.

Just because you've gotten into college, it doesn't mean that all work halts. If your grades and GPA drop a significant amount, a college can revoke your acceptance. The grind doesn't stop until you walk across that stage and get that piece of paper.

8. Decorate your cap.

If your school allows it, make your graduation cap as memorable as possible. This helps you out in a few ways. It helps you stand out a bit in the crowd (especially if you have a very large class) and it makes it easier to find later after it's been thrown. Your cap should be a keepsake.

As for the rest of your senior year, good luck to you all and make the very best of it. There's a lot you can do in the remaining months. Oh, and I'm so proud of you for making it this far. You are all destined to do good things.