7 Conspiracy Theories That Are Going To Ruin Your Childhood

The Titanic didn't actually sink and Saved by the Bell isn't real!?

2263
Pete Wright

You've heard the conspiracy theory about "Scooby-Doo" and the rest of the Mystery Inc. gang being total stoners, and you've probably heard the one about the characters in "Winnie the Pooh" representing common psychiatric disorders, but these seven conspiracy theories might just ruin your entire childhood.

1. The BerenSTAIN Bears?

This conspiracy theory went viral about a year ago and I remember seeing it being shared all across my Facebook timeline. Growing up, I watched every episode and read every book of the "Berenstain Bears" series. But I vividly remember watching and reading the Berenstein Bears, not the Berenstain Bears.

Regarding this whole Stein/Stain debacle, people have come to the conclusion that there must be parallel universes or a possible glitch in the Matrix ... not likely. But, if you do believe in that theory, feel free to click here to delve into the subject a little more in depth. While I personally don't believe the parallel universes/Matrix theory, I do find it extremely odd that not only myself but THOUSANDS of other people remember it as Berenstein instead of Berenstain. How do you remember it?

2. Willy Wonka: The Chocolate Killer?

One Reddit user gave their full theory on "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" about Willy Wonka actually being a serial killer!?

To sum it up, this user believes that the children that visit the factory are "... systematically killed by a crazed madman through intricate traps. Only one child makes it out alive ... only to end up becoming the psychopath's protégé." They then go on to say that each child represents the seven deadly sins. The German boy that got sucked up into the vacuum tube: Gluttony. The bratty girl that just wanted a damn pony but instead fell 5 stories to what theorists assume is her death: Greed. And so on, and so forth. To sum up the theory, the user ended with, "Willy Wonka is a serial killer and everyone in the audience cheered for him as he blatantly killed 4 children and their parents before brainwashing a 5th child to do the same."

Childhood = Ruined.

3. The Titanic didn't actually sink!?

Top: The Titanic under construction with 14 portholes. Bottom: The Titanic on its maiden voyage with 16 portholes, just like its sister ship the Olympic.

Whether it be famous lines from the iconic movie or details about the ship itself, basically EVERYONE knows something about the Titanic. But did you know that the Titanic has two sister ships? The Titanic was one of THREE ocean liners built at the Harland and Wolff shipyards in Belfast, the other two being the RMS Olympic and the RMS Britannic. Due to structural damage caused by an accident, the RMS Olympic was in much worse shape than its sister ship, the Titanic, but some authors have come to the conclusion that the damage was written-off for not being as bad as it actually was.

The theory goes as follows: "The Olympic would be swapped with the Titanic and sunk in a staged accident. The Titanic, now disguised as the Olympic, would then carry on in service. The two ships were essentially identical. . . and were moored side by side in dry dock; the swap would entail nothing more elaborate than swapping a few nameplates and plaques."

As for the evidence for this theory, there is quite bit, starting with the portholes of the ship. When the Titanic was first under construction, a picture shows that the ship had only fourteen portholes, whereas its sister ship, the Olympic, had sixteen.

4. The Rugrats didn't actually exist?

The characters in "Rugrats" were merely a figment of Angelica's imagination.

Chuckie Finster died along with his mother due to complications during labor, which explains why Chaz, Chuckie's father, is always such a nervous wreck.

Tommy Pickles was stillborn, which is why his father is always making toys for the son who never had a chance to live (I'm not crying, you are).

The DeVilles had an abortion and Angelica didn't know if the child was going to be a boy or a girl, so she created the idea of the twins, Phil and Lil DeVille.

Susie Carmichael was Angelica's only actual friend and Susie entertained Angelica's imaginative stories just for Angelica's sake. You can read the rest of the original theory here, but be warned: it gets a bit wild, so read at your own caution!

5. This one is a little bit COMPLICATED

A thread was made on May 12, 2017, by 'yeehaw girl' or @givenchyass on Twitter starting with the tweet: "Avril Lavigne is dead & was replaced by a look-alike: a conspiracy theory thread."

To summarize the thread, it began with Avril Lavigne getting her first taste of fame in 2002 at 18 years old. Obviously, fame at such a young age can mentally and physically mess with a person's life, emotions, and thoughts. After a while, the fame was too much for Avril to handle, so she hired a look-alike named Melissa Vandella to pose for paparazzi and speak in interviews in Avril's place.

Fast forward to 2003 when Avril's grandfather - her biggest fan and supporter - passed away. Avril lost control and committed suicide. Instead of letting her suicide get into the media, they used her doppelganger, Melissa, to take over and live as if she was Avril. Around 2007, fans noticed a huge change in "Avril's" look and style of music (circa 'Girlfriend'). 'yeehaw girl' ended this thread by tweeting, "like I'm not saying Avril is dead but. . . Avril is dead."

6. Saved by the Bell or by his imagination?

The Zack, Screech, Lisa, and Mr. Belding that you know and love from "Saved by the Bell" had their own beginning on a less known Disney Channel show called "Good Morning, Miss Bliss." In the show, Zack Morris wasn't such the ladies man that we grew up knowing him as and Zack's best friends are Mikey and Nikki. Mikey and Nikki would tease and humiliate Zack because he was NEVER able to pull off any of his pranks and silly schemes.

Fast forward to "Saved by the Bell" replacing "Good Morning, Miss Bliss," Zack is now the popular, mischievous, ladies man that we all know and love and Mikey and Nikki are nonexistent characters.

While to some people, "Saved by the Bell" was a mere revamping of "Good Morning, Miss Bliss," one theorist claims that "Saved by the Bell" is ". . . the escapist fantasy of a disillusioned young man named Zack Morris." Basically, "Saved by the Bell" and all of our favorite characters from A.C. Slater to Kelly Kapowski are all just fictional characters that Zack has made up in order to escape the harsh realities of his life until he is "saved by the bell."

7. Rebecca Black's song is about JFK's assassination?

One theory claims that the hit/miss single from Rebecca Black, "Friday," is supposedly about John F. Kennedy's assassination?

A theorist gives their proof of why the song represents the famous assassination: "The driver of the car he was assassinated in's name was Samuel Kickin (Kickin' in the front seat, sittin' in the back seat). The assassination occurred on a Friday and when JFK was shot, the Secret Service yelled at Jackie Kennedy to "get down" (got to get down on Friday) ... to top it all off, in the hotel the morning of the assassination, JFK declined a breakfast of sausage, eggs, and toast for a bowl of Bran Flakes instead (got to have my bowl, got to have cereal). The following Monday JFK was supposed to sign a bill into law requiring all public schools to provide bus transportation for their students (got to catch my bus)."

Pretty spooky, right? Although some conspiracy theories can be a bit of a stretch, most of them actually make a lot of sense which makes them that much more creepy. I hope you guys enjoyed these conspiracy theories, and hopefully, they didn't ruin your childhood too much!