8 Books You Should Defintely Read

8 Books You Should Defintely Read

These books changed my life and I thought I should share them with the world.

2
8 Books You Should Defintely Read
milk and honey by rupi kaur

Books that everyone should read at some point in their life:

The Book Thief:

This is a tale of heartbreak, love, and the resilience of one little girl determined to help a man on the run during World War II. And to make the book even better, it is told from the perspective of Death. This book made me cry multiple times and is so beautifully crafted.

Milk and Honey:

This is a beautiful poem book that brought me to tears in Barnes and Noble. If you are struggling with bad times in your life or even going through some of the best times in your life, read this. This is a book I recommend to everyone I meet because it will change your life for the better.

11/22/63:

Stephen King is a master of horror and this book doesn’t disappoint. I was enthralled from the moment I started the book and I am so glad that my dad recommended this book. Imagine a person being given the opportunity to go back in time and alter a major event in history; what consequences does it bring and what kind of issues can it cause? 11/22/63 brings up the idea of The Butterfly Effect and what kind of problems may come from altering major and minor events in history.

Ruined:

This book has everything from romance, to mystery, to old family curses that still haunt a family in New Orleans, Louisiana. A girl is suddenly forced to move when her dad has international business to attend to. She soon meets a girl in the cemetery who holds answers to century old secrets. The only problem? The girl in the cemetery is a ghost. My parents read the book before they left to visit New Orleans and loved the story.

Perks of Being A Wallflower:

This book was a beautiful story of what love means. There are not enough words in the English Language to describe how beautiful the book is. “We accept the love we think we deserve” is a quote that will always stick with me; powerful and true.

The Program:

What if depression was an epidemic affecting teens everywhere and scientists couldn’t figure out why? The only cure is sending you to a rehabilitation facility to help you get better; but what if that meant you lost memories? This thriller is enchanting and the sequel and prequel are even better.

Great Expectations:

This is the story of a boy trying to make it in the world when everything is against him. Plus all the names are a little funny.

The Poisonwood Bible:

I read this senior year and loved it. A family moves to Africa for missionary work and tries to survive when they come unprepared and unaware of the changes that they will soon face. Even though this book is rather long it is totally worth the time. Each chapter is told from the perspective of a different family member giving the book an edge because of all of the differing opinions. These characters had no idea what they were getting themselves into.