7 things that have only happened to Anna Bechtel

7 Things I'm Pretty Sure Have Only Happened To Me

You like that hot girl in the photo? You wanna know more about her?

131

We are all special. However, that is another way of saying no one is.

I'm kidding. Sort of.

We all have different strands of DNA and different fingerprints. We also have different combinations of personality traits, likes and dislikes, and appearances. While some of us might have some similar traits that overlap, chances are no one has the exact same combinations of all three.

I promise you, this has a point.

One of the things that makes us all different, that isn't really talked about, is that we also have different experiences. Again, some of us might have done the same things, but no two people have the exact same life experiences.

Some of us have some really weird experiences. And believe me, I'm one of them.

Here are seven things that I'm pretty sure to have only happened to me.

1. Fallen down a storm drain pipe.

upload.wikimedia.org

This happened, literally, two weeks ago. I had only five minutes to run halfway across campus to my next class, so naturally, I ran. It also was raining lightly. I ran on a patch of grass, which was slippery, and had a slightly loose storm drain. And I fell in. And it hurt. I have two huge bruises on my knees, and I might have more on my back, but I can't see my back. It also really hurts to do anything, but lay down.

2. Cut the part of my face on my upper cheek and below my eye.

When I was eight I was running to the bus stop, notice a pattern here? You wanna guess the ending? I fell, and I didn't just scrape my knees. I cut a part of my face between my eye and cheek, and had to wear a bandage on it. It was awkward. And don't even get me started on the scab.

3. Stood by the intercom speaker, just to hear the school buses being announced.

upload.wikimedia.org

I am very concerned about missing my ride. Whether it's a bus, a train, a plane, whatever I want to make sure I'm on the correct ride going to the correct place. This stemmed from my elementary and middle school days, where the school buses were announced over the PA system. I'm sure that this happens at other schools as well. However, the students at my school didn't share the same concern I had. Or they just didn't care about missing their buses and having to stay longer at school. My bus often came early, so my concern was heightened. So while everyone else was talking and yelling about nothing important, I would often stand by the speaker so I would be sure that I could hear clearly what bus was there. Sometimes I would even yell it to my classmates, if I was in the mood. I don't even know what they did when my bus came.

4. Threatened to duct tape someone's mouth, when I was thirteen.

upload.wikimedia.org

Again with my annoyance with my loud classmates. One day in science class, I just had enough, and threatened to duct tape their mouths. It was met with some laughter, some shock, some nervousness. I don't know where it came from, I just snapped.

5. Popped my shoulder while laying in bed.

upload.wikimedia.org

I was balancing my head on my arm, as we often do, when suddenly, my shoulder popped. I've popped my shoulder before when I was swimming or stretching. Never doing nothing. I injure myself in the weirdest places and ways.

6. Have A Rating System For When I Listen To Podcasts

c2.staticflickr.com

We all know I love podcasts. I love them enough to write articles on the Odyssey about them. I am also really weird with numbers. It's one of those weird OCD things I have. I am also very passionate about the iTunes star ratings for songs, podcasts, and other things. Basically, if something ain't five stars, I don't want it in my iTunes. Songs are easy to know if they're five stars, podcasts are not. Whenever I'm listening to a new episode, I divide the time by five, and add a star at each of the fifths. That way I know it's even. If I'm not into it after two-fifths of the podcast, it gets deleted. That's how I save storage on my computer.

7. Dropped my computer by getting out of bed.

c1.staticflickr.com

I don't know if dropped is the right word, because dropped implies that it was in my hand. I had my computer in my bed, I got out of bed, and it fell. I still have no idea how it happened. Luckily, I got it fixed.