7 Ways To Take Your Backyard From Drab to Fab

Backyard

5

Very few houses can boast of spacious outdoor space. If you are one of the lucky few to have a large backyard, it is only right you curate it into an all-weather outdoor leisure space. From furniture to lighting and sun shades, several factors go into making your backyard a great downtime zone all year round. If you're wondering how to get started on transforming your backyard, we have all the ideas for you! Here are seven ways you can take your backyard from drag to fab without digging a hole in your pocket.

BBQ Grill

No backyard is complete without a barbeque grill. Invest in a BBQ grill and complement it with a stone-finish bar counter that comes in handy on weekend cookouts. It’s one of the best summer backyard party ideas for a whole lot of fun! Electric barbeque kits have made outdoor cooking convenient and easy. Invest in one to make it the crowning glory of your backyard and get your hosting game up a notch. Ensure the barbeque grill isn't placed anywhere close to wooden artefacts or fixtures. It must also be placed away from children's play areas to avoid untoward accidents.

Dog Kennel

Dogs are as much part of the family as humans. If you have a fur ball in your family, you know you cannot imagine any event, outing or family time without him! Why not create a cosy spot for your dog in your backyard so he is part of all your outdoor activities? A dog kennel is a great investment not only to give your dog his little spot but also to ensure he gets more sunlight, outdoor time and overall good health. Kennels also make dogs more independent and greatly help fight separation anxiety. Chose an accessible and airy spot in your backyard for your dog's kennel and add watch him own his space like a boss.

Statement Wall

Infuse your personality and taste in your backyard by setting up a statement wall. This wall can be used to display your favourite artefacts, quotes, paintings and more. Add some character to your backyard by making this wall an earthy stone-finish display wall. Put up some interesting artefacts and garden materials on display on this statement wall. You could choose from zen-like Buddha stone-carved statues, an outdoor painting, a statement water-proof light or even some garden artefacts. This nook will give your outdoor space some personalization and make for a great conversation starter when you invite guests over to your backyard for an evening soiree.

Invest In Weather-Proof Outdoor Furniture

Your gazebo, awning or patio is only so enticing without some comfortable and cosy outdoor furniture. Bring home an outdoor modular lounge to complement your outdoor space and turn it into your favourite downtime spot at home. Choose a modular lounge that is made of weather-proof elements, resin wicker being the most favourable. A modular design allows you to play around with the layout and explore various combinations based on the number and nature of guests you host. Invest in a modular set with a sturdy aluminium frame that stands the test of time. Resin wicker furniture is an all-weather option that scores full points on durability and aesthetics. It is the ideal option for outdoor furniture in Canberra.

Invest In French Windows

Give your home and your backyard a gorgeous facelift by replacing your old-style windows with contemporary French windows. Not only does this add oodles of charm to your home both indoors and outdoors, but it also increases your line of visibility both ways. This is a boon if you have kids playing in your backyard or your pet sitting in a kennel or enclosure. What's more, you will love watching the snowfall through your French windows every year. Setting up an accent chair and coffee table beside these windows to enjoy a breathtaking view of your backyard sounds like the most fun thing to do for your next day off.

Give Your Fence A Facelift

A cost-effective way of decorating your backyard by using something functional is by decorating your backyard. Give your fence a facelift by adding some colour or character to this rather mundane safety essential. Run a line of fairy lights across your fence that you can light up once the sun sets, making your backyard a cosy hangout spot. Paint a fence mural and create a work of art you and your neighbours can appreciate every day. Exercise caution in cleaning your fence well before you start painting. Scrub off all the collected mould or fungus before getting down to painting it. This ensures that the painting is absorbed well and lasts long.

Sprinkle Around Some Greenery

Place a beautiful potted place around your backyard to add a splash of colour and life. Having plants in your home has several health benefits that include better oxygen, improved mood and mental health as well as the opportunity to explore a new avocation in gardening and plant care! What's not to love?

Invest in plants that are easy to care for and grow well in a home environment.

Wrap Up

So there you go – you have all the ideas! Now it's time to put these ideas into action.