7 Ways To Make Early Mornings Better

7 Ways To Make Early Mornings Your Favorite, Even If You Hate Mornings

Yup... you read that right.

163
Heaven Nash

With the semester quickly approaching, it is time to wake up earlier than noon (I know I'm not the only one) and make this year our best one yet.

1. Remind yourself of why

In order to make it easier getting out of bed, remind yourself why you want to wake up early. This might be because you simply have class or because you have goals to crush! Either way, have a positive mindset and let these reasons be your motivation to stop hitting snooze and start your day!

2. Have a routine

Have something each and every single day that makes you excited to get out of bed. This could be your daily cup of coffee, your favorite breakfast, a workout, etc.

3. Prepare, prepare, prepare!

In order to wake up on the right foot in the morning, no matter the time, you have to get the right amount of sleep for your body. Decompress each night, clean up your bedroom so you wake up to a tidy & relaxed apartment to start your day in. Nothing is wors than starting your day by waking up stressed. Each day is a clean slate, make it count!

4. Start slow

If you are a person who sleeps in until noon, your body will not be quick to wake up every day at 5:30 a.m. bright eyed & bushy tailed. Instead, you may feel as if you are a total zombie. If you start slow by waking up even thirty minutes earlier each day, you will quickly adjust in no time.

5. Put your phone on the other side of the room

We've all heard this one before, but it is so important! It is easy to sit on our phones until we drift to sleep each night and let it be the first thing we read when we wake up in the morning but get in the habit of plugging your phone in across the room. This will allow your body to be able to actually relax at night as well as making you get up out of bed each morning in order to turn your alarm off. Instead of scrolling through the latest Bachelorette drama, get your booty up and to the kitchen.. your coffee is waiting for you!

6. No caffeine too late in the day

Speaking of coffee, make your last cup of the day happen in the early afternoon. The later you consume coffee or any sort of caffeine, you will be less likely to fall asleep in a timely matter. Also, this could impact the quality of sleep you do get at night

7. GET MOVING SISTER! 

Quit the excuses, quit the self-doubt, and start implementing these seven healthy habits that have the capacity to change your life!