7 things you didn’t know your smart phone could do

smart phone

1900

We’ve all got a smart phone these days and they’re pretty great, right? What with the ability to socialise, get directions, text and call, and take photos, there isn’t much your phone can’t do.

Well, we wondered exactly what our phones were capable of in addition to the basic functions . . . so we’ve done some research into all the amazing things we didn’t know our smart phones could do. Check out what we found.

Track your location

You already know you can use your phone to find a location, but did you know you can use it to track your location too?

Like something out of a dystopian novel, your smart phone can actually track where you have been day to day. You may need to turn on certain permissions, but this little trick can come in handy as you travel and explore.

Perhaps you had one of the best coffees of your life last time you visited Edinburgh but can’t remember the name of the shop, or you found the perfect little black dress in a shop in Manchester but can’t remember the name of the street, well now you can just check your phone and find out this info easily.

Double as a toolbox

While your phone can’t be used as a hammer (unless you want a cracked screen), your phone can help you to hang a picture and measure your space.

Your phone can turn into a spirit level, making sure the mirror you’re hanging is level and straight and it can measure, like a ruler, using your camera to give you accurate measurements of any space.

This little tool is really handy for the tool-less millennial!

Save your battery and even boost your charging time at the swipe of a thumb

Did you know that using airplane mode can help to save your battery when you’re running on fumes? And, did you know that leaving it on airplane mode when you finally find a charger can help it to charge much more quickly?

The airplane mode is fantastic, particularly if you’re… on an airplane, but it’s also great to save your last few dregs of power as you hunt for a charger.

Schedule time to ignore everyone

And, in the same way airplane mode can block off calls and messages, you can actually schedule Do Not Disturb time to ensure you have time away from your phone.

This little tool is handy if you’re working or studying and keep getting distracted by Instagram. This tool also features the ability to allow certain calls, meaning you don’t have to worry about missing your mum’s daily call while ignoring everyone else!

Custom vibrations

Want to know when your best friend is calling without looking at your phone, and without having to turn your sound on? Why not try out custom vibrations. You can assign these to different contacts becoming the contemporary version of a custom ringtone!

Rapid burst pics

The rapid burst photo tool is a great way of taking lots of photographs in one go and boosts your chances of getting a really good one! The feature can be used while moving to get the best shot quickly or used to get at least one decent selfie!

Erase data after failed log in

And finally, if you want to feel like a spy movie villain, you can set your phone to erase all data after multiple login failures. While this is mostly just added to phones to make villains seem tech savvy in spy films, it is a good tool to use if you store sensitive data on your phone and can protect you if your phone is stolen.

This probably isn’t a feature you want to use if you’ve got little ones who like playing with your phone though!

Conclusion

If all of these cool features have made you want to update to a brand new smart phone, why not check out budget-friendly iPhones on qwikfone.com and get trying out some of these features.