7 Things All People From Santa Clarita Know

Or should I say "Awesometown..."

667
https://commons.wikimedia.org

Good ole' SCV. Whether you love or hate it, there's no denying it's your home. Most likely, your parents grew up here or you've been raised here your entire life. School rivalries are played out like clichéd movies and everyone knows everyone else's business, probably because of a Facebook gossip group. Here are some things all people can find true if you've hailed from "Awesometown."

1. Don't call it "Awesometown"

I don't know who coined this phrase, but it needs to stop. There's nothing more humiliating than flying into LAX and seeing posters around the terminal portraying your home as the town that squished two cliched words together to try to attract families and homebuyers. Could no one really think of a better slogan? Honestly, nothing?

2. You know you're almost home when you see this

It's true. You're no more than 20 minutes from home when you see this beauty on the side of the 5.

3. You live in "LA"

Whenever you leave the comfort of SCV, and someone asks where you're from, no one in their right mind says "Santa Clarita." Instead, the go-to answer is "LA," or if you want to get specific, "North LA, right by Magic Mountain," because everyone knows where the theme park is. We're just that city on the side of its freeway.

4. Magic Mountain is not that great

This is either because you've taken so many field trips that the amusement park has become boring, or you've faced the horror of working there and experienced first-hand just how great "The Thrill Capital of the World" is.

5. We have Gibbons in our backyard

The Gibbon Conservation Center is only a 15-minute drive into Saugus. There you can take a tour of the center, or even volunteer. These loud animals are just another one of those random things SCV has to offer.

6. Lombardi Ranch has a special place in everyone's heart

Whether you were brought here as a child or took your children there yourself, it's hard to find someone who hasn't been to Lombardi Ranch. Unfortunately, it was permanently closed because of the drought in 2015, but it will not be forgotten. The corn maze, Scarecrow Alley and variety of pumpkins made for the greatest of memories.

7. You're no stranger to fame

Whether it's your famous neighbor, or a TV show being filmed at your house, there's a strong likelihood you've been attached to some aspect of the Hollywood life. SCV has produced many famous actors, such as Taylor Lautner and Ashley Tisdale, and filmed countless shows throughout the valley. In addition to the entertainment field, SCV has also been home to many famous athletes, such as Super Bowl winner Shane Vereen and current Olympian Abbey Weitzeil.