7 Things All Sisters Know To Be True

7 Things All Sisters Know To Be True

You don't have to like 'em, but you sure as heck love 'em

7
7 Things All Sisters Know To Be True
pinterest

They say that a sister is God's way of proving that He doesn't want us to walk alone. When you have three, I'm pretty sure that's God's way of saying He wants us to learn how to run, and fight, and practice safe self-defense skills on a regular basis. With two older sisters close in age and one ten years younger, I got to experience being babied as the favorite child, then quickly having to figure out how to be a good big sister and role model. As time goes on and we are still surprised by the new things we are learning about one another, here are the things we all know to be true when it comes to having sisters.

1. They are your "Partners in Crime"

Having a sister means always having at least one person to go to. If you needed help hiding a bad grade or keeping something from mom and dad, your sister is the go-to gal. Despite if it was because she was feeling generous that day, or if you blackmailed her, she always had your back -- no questions asked.

2. You learned MMA before it was cool

Fighting with your sisters means no rules. Any fight is a reason to fight. By the end of the argument, you never know what you were fighting about in the first place, you only know that you were right (obviously). No worries, the idea of forgive and forget was made for sisters.

3. Karaoke and Dancing

No matter what, having a sister means having a dance party whenever and wherever it is needed. With dancing means singing, and pretty soon an all out karaoke session is bound to break loose. Watch out, sisters that sing together can be pretty dangerous.

4. Closet Bandits

With sisters, there's always a thief around. Things go missing and you know exactly who to blame, except they will always make a rebuttal with "you took mine." On a rare occasion they ask politely, but even then you say no--it's the principle of the matter.

5. "Oh, you girls remind me of..."

It's a sure thing that whenever you are all out together, you will get compared to famous groups of sisters. No matter how flattering or rude, all you can do is nod and smile.

6. "You look just alike"

This is another one you always hear. You can look completely unrelated, yet people will continue to mention how similar you look. Of course, it didn't help when your parents insisted on putting you in the same outfits, just only different colors, because you were so unique.

7. Built-in Bodyguard

Having a sister means always, no matter what, having someone there for you. Having a sister means having someone there to catch you when you fall. Having a sister means having a hand to hold and a back to lean on, because no matter how far apart you roam or how mad you get at each other, at the end of the day you are and always will be sisters. Having three sisters means I get blessed with three times that responsibility and most importantly, three times the love.