7 Signs You Are The Mom Of Your Friend Group

They need help with the craziest things, but you will always be there for them.

240
Rant Chic

Many people, including myself, may feel that they are always looking after their friends and fixing problems, mending broken hearts, and helping with homework. These things may cause you to sometimes feel like the mom of your friend group, but you're not alone in that feeling! There are many of us that act as the mom of our groups, and it's nothing to be ashamed of. I love feeling like the mom of my friend group because I know they feel comfortable with me and trust me enough to help them. If you aren't sure if you are the mom of your group or not here's a few signs to help you figure it out!

1. Nobody messes with your friends.

Whether it be an ex, a current significant other, or a stranger, no one messes with your friends without you saying something to help them out or defend them. They are babies that need you to help them out and everyone giving them a hard time needs to back up.

2. You feel qualified to write your own advice column.

Your friends all come to you for help and advice. Regardless on if it is school, work, or relationship related, you are more than willing to stay up half the night with them helping them figure it out and giving them the best advice you can. Let's face, none of your other friends can give advice like you can. Your advice is the best!

3. Their success comes first.

Friends come up to for help with papers, resumes, and job applications. You are more than happy to help them. You need help with your term paper that's due at midnight? Absolutely. You need help writing a resume? Sit right here and let me show you a thing or two. You need me as a reference for a job? I'm your girl, just let me know when you get the job so we can celebrate!

4. You always cheer them on.

A sporting event, a concert, a performance, a job interview, a class project, they name it and you cheer them on. You are always their support on the sidelines no matter the event is and they know they can count on you for an ego-booster when they need it most.

5. You always look out for them.

A handful of friends are going out. As they are walking out of the door you are constantly telling them "Be safe." "Call me if you need me!" "Don't drink and drive!" "Text me when you get there or when you're leaving." Or any combination of those phrases. When they did not listen to your warnings and come back drunk, it is you that takes care of them and makes sure that they stay in the bathroom or near a trash can and you constantly supply them with water.

6. They all think you have your life together.

They can't believe how helpful and how nice you are and they think it's so great of you to put others first. You're so helpful with everyone else's lives, so clearly yours must be together and under control. Why wouldn't it be? You're the group mom!

7. They don't know that you have no idea what you're doing.

A few of them would surprised to find out that sometimes, you spend so much time and energy into helping them that you don't have much left for yourself. Other times you have no idea how to handle a situation they bring to you, so you do the best with what you have and try to pull up useful advice.

Regardless of the situations they bring you, you will always jump at the chance to help your friends, because they are your babies and you love them!