7 Reasons Why Thanksgiving Is The Best Holiday

It's about way more than just turkey.

1332

Often when people are asked what their favorite holiday is, they'll normally say Christmas. While Christmas is also a great time of the year and fun holiday, Thanksgiving is definitely one of the bests as well. Between the food, and simply spending time with those we are thankful for it's hard to argue that Thanksgiving isn't one of the best holidays.

1. The Food

Turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, candied yams, corn bread, stuffing, cranberry sauce, crescent rolls, gravy, and corn…. I’m hungry just thinking about it. I’ll always wonder why we only celebrate eating this much food only once a year.

2. Pies

Literally, every single type of pie you can think of is acceptable to eat at Thanksgiving. Or if you’re like my family you’ll complain about how full you are and could never eat anything again until of course, you smell the perfect apple or pumpkin pie.

3. The post dinner nap

Or as I like to call it a “food coma.” This is basically the time between dinner and dessert when everyone looks so full and is complaining about it so everyone just kind of sits on the couch and takes a quick nap.

4. Leftovers

One of my favorite parts about thanksgiving is the aftermath. You get to eat the leftovers for days to follow and this is the only time I will never complain about eating leftovers. I mean, thanksgiving on a roll, who doesn’t love that?

5. Having A Long Weekend

Who doesn’t love having time off from school or work? And especially for a holiday that’s dedicated to doing nothing but cooking and eating. Sign me up any time any day.

6. Black Friday deals

Even if you’re not into going out on black Friday with the crowds, or you are not even a big shopper, everyone loves a good bargain. Deals circulate throughout almost all stores and even online, AKA the best time of the year for shopping.

7. Giving Thanks

I love going on Instagram or Facebook and seeing all the post about what people are grateful for. It honestly warms my heart. This is something people definitely do not do often enough, even though it is so simple. So don’t forget to give thanks to all those in your life that you are most thankful for this year!