7 Reasons Why "Moana" Is The Best Movie Of 2016

You can fight me on this.

1476
Study Breaks

Let me just start off by saying that I have wanted to see this movie ever since I first saw the trailer for it. I could tell that not only would this be a beautifully animating film, it would also be a game changing film. Disney brought in actual pacific islanders to voice the characters, the film itself is focused on pacific islanders, as far as I could tell, Disney was doing something that had never been done before by any other animation studio. Taking a culture that is not necessarily well-known and bringing it to the attention of the entire world is something that only an animation superpower like Disney could accomplish. Not only did they manage to create a beautiful story, they did it in a way that wasn't offensive, it did not make fun of anyone's culture, and it was as authentic as Disney could have possibly made it in this day and age. There's no doubt about it, "Moana" is the best movie of 2016.

1. The Animation

Look how freaking beautiful her hair is! I can't imagine how much time and effort was put into figuring out exactly how her hair should move as it blows in the wind. Not only does it flow well, but you can also see that animators took the time to work on each strand! The colors and the way everything mixes together makes the film look absolutely beautiful on the big screen. This whole movie is a work of art worthy of being hung in an art gallery.

2. Moana and Maui's Friendship

Seriously. These two fight like siblings and it's probably one of the funniest and most realistic friendships that I have ever seen in a Disney movie.

3. Moana

YES, finally, a strong female character that is not only super funny, but *SPOILER* she doesn't have a love interest! That's right folks, this movie is all about Moana, without some mediocre significant other having to help her on her epic quest! Also: she is possibly the cutest Disney baby ever (other than Dory of course).

4. Gramma Tala

Gramma Tala is my favorite Disney movie Grandma, period. This woman is Moana's rock, she is the one she turns to for help and advice. She is the "village crazy lady" and I absolutely love her. She's supportive, funny, and she was the named Moana. Moana's name means "Ocean."

5. The Music

I have been listening to the soundtrack on repeat for the past week, and I'm not stopping anytime soon. Every single song in the film is beautifully written and composed. And, I don't know about you, but I'm kind of excited about an alto Disney "princess." And you can thank Lin-Manuel Miranda for those boss lyrics you're hearing.

6. Heihei

This damn chicken is the funniest and best Disney sidekick that I have ever freaking seen. This rooster is so dumb, I'm surprised that he's still alive. Did I mention that his name literally means "rooster?"

7. The Ocean

It's extremely difficult to give being that has absolutely no lines a personality. But Disney managed it. Who knew that the ocean has a sense of humor?