Poetry On The Odyssey: 7 Haikus About Yoko Ono

There seems to be a negative stigma surrounding Yoko Ono, so I wrote seven Haikus about her

11

YOKO DESERVES BETTER

You shit on Yoko

So what she has a weird voice?

You have a weird doink

YOKO SINGING

Ooo ahh ahh ahh uhhh

Uh uh uh uh aha ha

Oh ah oh ah ooo

"YOKO ONO SUCKS ASS"

Uh... I hate Yoko

Um... she broke up the Beatles

...I am a bottom

JOHN AND YOKO

John and Yoko kiss

John and Yoko get married

They were in love… duh

WHY YOKO IS KINDA COOL, ACTUALLY

Singer, songwriter,

Multimedia Artist,

And Peace Activist

NOT BAD! JUST MISUNDERSTOOD!

Yoko is so smart

I'm an Intellectual

And I understand

OH YOKO BY JOHN LENNON

This song is so cute

John Lennon really loved her

And I love her too

On June 22nd I Celebrated My 22nd

*Insert cliche Taylor Swift song "22"*

160

It's about time I turn 22. I've been told that after your 21st birthday, the years begin to fly past you in a blur. I don't know if I agree, but I can definitely say that I don't feel 22. Sometimes I look around at all the people who are freshmen in college, or juniors in high school, and I begin to reminisce about when I was their age. One thing getting older does do is make you a skeptical, cynical person.

I've thought a lot about my birthday as another day that I get to eat cake because let's face it, I'm not really here for anything else, except maybe a shot. I remember celebrating my birthday when I was younger was much different from what it turned into after I turned 20. Back in the day, I would celebrate my birthday with a pool party. Pizza, chips, cake, and soda. A few balloons and candles and that was it. I'd only invite my closest friends and we'd have so much fun.

I miss that kind of birthday. The kind you pick out an outfit for days prior, the kind you get so excited for and can't sleep, the kind that makes you feel special. It doesn't feel like that anymore. What it feels like now is, "welp, there goes another year." This line is also applicable to New Year's Eve, but we'll cross that bridge six months from now.

My birthday is pretty uneventful. It feels like the spark is gone, the excitement is gone. I wish I could feel happy that I'm turning 22, but I also know that it's just a reality that we all get older and things like birthdays begin to feel strange. You're faced to realize that you're supposed to have gained another year of experience and intelligence in the aspects of life, but it's almost like you feel the same.

It's safe to say that this has been a bit of an existential-crisis-themed birthday, but I'm just a little scared of getting older. I think we all reach a point where you realize you aren't invincible anymore. It's time to see what's in store for the future, what your career goals are, where you plan to move to after graduation, how to eat better, and how to feel like you've reached your full potential. It's a bittersweet moment in my life, but I'm ready to see what's next.