#neverforget These 7 Fictional Deaths We Still Mourn

Gone But Not Forgotten

30

Death takes a chunk out of your soul and the worst part is, it's eternal, forever, never comin' back. The same goes to all the movies and television shows. Telling me the blood is just ketchup and the knife is just made of rubber makes it slightly better but it didn't stop me from creating two black streaks down my face from the running mascara. Anything that can pull my heartstrings hard enough, is something that will be engraved in my brain for the next 20 years.

So, if you're anything like me, you get emotionally attached to movie characters, and somehow I always root for the non-human characters. They seem to appear more innocent; always having good intentions. Whether it be an animal, robot, or monster, the amazing thing about these characters is their likeliness to interact with humans - two species coming together to make a better difference.

I mean let's be real, if the security guard gets eaten, we can shrug it off (if it's even noticed). BUT IF THE PUPPY DIES IT'S GAME F**KING OVER.

*SPOILER ALERT* I am about to announce the 7 most heart-wrenching scenes where a heroic, non-human character perishes in order to save the humans (get your tissues ready):

7. Groot - Guardians of the Galaxy

The tree obtains zero vocabulary, yet everyone adores him because he is a tree! Yeah I've seen the movie, I know he grows back cuter than ever, BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME.

His last goodbye to his partner-in-crime Rocket Raccoon was so simple, but it touched the heart. "We Are Groot". Chills. Gasp. Tears.

6. Baymax - Big Hero 6

Another selfless, non-human character that saves people's lives is Baymax. He is a robot, first aid kit and loyal companion.

He's programmed to say very few words, but slowly forms his own personality by interacting with his buddy Hiro. The two of them are stuck in the portal, and only one can survive. Baymax lets go and explodes. The End. Ok, Pixar, OKAY.

5. Kerchak - Tarzan

Although he and Tarzan have a rough relationship, Kerchak is a father figure to the entire band of gorillas. And of course Tarzan has to go off and fall in love with Jane and give away his secret-gorilla-hiding-spot and ruin EVERYTHING. Does he even want Kerchak to like him?

Well, finally, yes. Kerchak whispers that he finally accepts Tarzan as his son. Then dies three seconds later. Why, Disney?

4. Wall-E - Wall-E

You don't meet a robot with that kind of cute personality every day! Robots aren't supposed to care about humans, they aren't supposed to care about anything but to control. Except for Wall-E - 'cause he's different. In the midst of falling in love with Eve and trying to save the plant that is essential to have another chance of human life on Earth again, Wall-E gets electrocuted and is permanently damaged.

He doesn't even remember EVE!!! YOU GET TO WATCH HER FRANTICALLY RUSH HIM BACK TO EARTH AND PUT HIS PARTS BACK TOGETHER AND YOU HOLD YOUR BREATH THE ENTIRE TIME JUST TO LET OUT TEARS OF DEPRESSION. These two robots make me feel more emotion than any human boy out there.

3. Marley - Marley & Me

Everyone, to some extent, can relate to the sadness that his family has felt after Marley, the family labrador retriever, has passed away of sickness from old age. This movie is just scheming if you ask me. You learn to adore the mischievous pup, just to have it die in the end.

I can't even type out what I am feeling before I start bawling all over my keyboard.

2. Dobby the Elf - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

How typical; the ugly annoying character has to die in movies!! I'm guilty of being that person who disliked Dobby in the beginning because I thought he was weird and too complicated. HE WAS HOLDING HARRY BACK. But in the end, he came through and displayed true loyalty to Harry Potter and his companions; being the only way out of that basement cell.

"Such a beautiful place it is, to be with friends. Dobby is happy to be with his friend, Harry Potter." Dobby's last words. *sobs*

1. Mufasa - The Lion King

Do I even have to explain this one? Being an 8-year-old and having to watch this so-called "family-friendly" Disney movie was maybe a mistake. Because now I am a 20-year-old who gets stuck in the past every time I remember this scene.

And to make matters worse, baby Simba had to watch the entire thing in slow motion. I just hope he was too young to understand what was going on and he didn't end up like me. #neverforget