If You're From West Chester, You Have To Try These 7 Restaurants

Restaurants you must try for yourself.

281
Iron Hill Brewery

Going away to college and no longer having your parents torture you 24/7 is a wonderful thing.

Going to the dining halls for every meal eight months of out the year for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? Not so much. I mean truthfully, how much food from Sykes and Lawrence Dining hall can one eat before they become entirely sick of the never changing food options? I’m sure sooner or later, we all long for a nice, home-cooked meal. However, if you live more than a half hour away from West Chester, taking the trip home becomes a bit problematic. Luckily, the town of West Chester has plenty of restaurants that can satisfy our desire for a perfect meal. Here are the top ten restaurants every West Chester student must try.

1. Nudy's

This is by far my all-time favorite. If you are looking for the best place to cure a hangover after a long night out, Nudy's is your best option. I've been to a lot of breakfast places, and this one is the best one yet. It is also super cheap! Perfect for people who only have a dime to their name, like me.

2. Lorenzo's Pizza

If you're in the mood for pizza and have a big appetite, Lorenzo's is a must try. Known for its big slices of thin, New York style pizza, it is the most delicious in town and is sure to satisfy your cravings.

3. The Classic Diner

Similar to Nudy's, this place is delicious. Located on E Gay Street, the diner is conveniently only a few blocks from campus. There is a good amount of breakfast and lunch options, and the portions are huge! My favorite is the organic fruit and eggs benedict. It is to die for! Definitely have to take a trip into town and go to The Classic Diner at least once in your four years at West Chester.

4. Mas

Craving some authentic Mexican food instead of Chipotle? Mas is the place to go. While this restaurant is a bit on the pricey side, the food is worth every last penny. Mas also has roof-top seating, allowing customers to eat their dinner with a beautiful view of West Chester!

5. Amore

Just leaving the frats on your Saturday night and craving a cannoli or pizza? Amore is calling your name. While the lines are always long, you will most likely find someone you can sit and chat with while waiting for your food. But, be prepared to see everyone and their grandmother’s here on the weekends. Truly a very popular spot for college students!

6. Barnaby’s

There are always those times when you want nothing but a nice, fat hamburger and french fries. If you are in the mood for this or bar food in general, Barnaby’s has it all. Whatever you do, PLEASE order the cheesesteak egg rolls, you will not regret it. A little pricey, but they run good specials often so it is totally worth the price you pay.

7. Limoncello

The best Italian place around, but also probably the most fattening. The portions could serve a family of five and still have some for leftovers. Limoncello is in a great location and the servers are always so nice. I will definitely miss this restaurant the most.